View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 05:28 AM   #248
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Actually it’s worked pretty much dead on the way Ford planned it.
  • The Mustang coupe is still available, so all the Mustang aficionados who despise it just piss on it and buy their next Mustang
  • The people who like Mustang but can’t rationalize one because they need the passenger space can get something with the Mustang name and a hint of the Mustang design
  • People who are in the market for a CUV, especially an EV CUV can buy a really capable vehicle.
  • Ford has the second piece of their Mustang sub-brand strategy (a coupe, a CUV, and sometime soon a sedan)
  • Mach E outsells Mustang Coupe ( 77,959 to 65,480 in 2022) and would sell more if they could build more. Right now dealers can’t keep them in stock and orders have a 4 month wait
All though I don't doubt your figures posted, that has nothing to do with my post. I said that "I don't believe putting the mustang nameplate on their CUV helped sell it" There is zero evidence to prove weather or not it did or didn't. Nobody will be able to tell me they sold X units with the nameplate on it and if they hadn't they would of only sold X units. That was my point. What if they would have named it Arabian? Sell more or less units?
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote