View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 08:11 AM   #5
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Been oil "cooler" delete since 2014. Rolled 190k miles this year.
I remember seeing some of your older posts about deleting the cooler, but wasn't sure if you ended up installing an aftermarket. So thanks for the update...that's awesome to know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
I'm in the process of rebuilding my engine right now and that's exactly what I'm doing, improved racing oil cooler delete and installing the mishimoto oil cooler. Which I can't really confirm the actual oil temps right now but will have everything done in about 3-4 weeks. I unboxed the oil cooler and one thing I will say it is very nice quality stuff. I did find the o rings for the factory cooler at one of the gm suppliers and replaced them but still had a drip on it every time I looked at it.
That must have been frustrating to go through all that to replace the o rings to only have it leak again. Good luck with finishing the rest of your build, and if you think of it, please post back how it turns out. Just out of curiosity, did you go with the thermostat option on the Mishimoto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen 6.2 View Post
Oil cooler (heater) delete here for about 18 months now. Oil temps show 220-230ish on the digital DIC and 195-200 on both the Aeroforce Interceptor & Banks iDash gauge. I used the ICT oil cooler delete plate on mine.
Thanks for the info! That's not nearly as drastic of an increase as I thought it would be.

I do feel a lot better going with at least the delete kit for now. Unfortunately, I just changed the oil a few weeks ago so unless the wife decides she wants to take a road trip to California out of the blue, I probably won't tackle this until next year.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote