View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #1
ThatGermanGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Coupé
2016 2SS Brembo Brakes

Hey there!

Long time no see! Yet, here i am again...

So now that my car has about 50.000km or a little over 31.000 miles done, i am in desperate need for some new front brakes...the pads are literally gone...

But here´s my problem now: I am living in Germany and parts for a Camaro are scarce and pretty hard to find.

I already saw a thread regarding RPO-Codes so I checked that and according to the sticker in my trunk, i go the "J6G - Brakes, Brembo 4-piston front and rear, performance, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc"-brake option.

So far so good! But the issue is, that I can only find parts for the J55 brake option here where i live.

Now comes the question, is the J55 brake which is "Brakes, Brembo 4-piston front, performance, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc" the same brakes in the front as the J6G?

As i understand, this should be correct, the front brakes on the J55 and J6G are identical, difference in the two brake option is in the back.... Am I right about this?!

And I further have the question regarding tightening torques on the front brakes...is there anyone out there who can support or maybe has information about this?

Thank you all so much! And please excuse my not perfect english

Greetings from Munich, Home of the Oktoberfest
ThatGermanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote