View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 11:34 AM   #5
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
In two years of owning the car, I've had this happen maybe 3-4 times. It has commonly been after sitting for a more extended period (no less than a week) and I've never gotten a CEL.

Even when I tried powering everything up in an effort to prime / pre-charge the fuel system when starting it this spring, it didn't help - the car still cranked for a while and when it caught it backfired badly. The only difference was that this time I just let it run and it eventually smoothed out and ran correctly after about 5-6 seconds and a couple of presses on the accelerator to get it to rev.

The fact that you got a CEL could work in your favor if you're still under bumper-to-bumper. Might be worth talking with the service manager about opening a case with Chevy and seeing if you can get one of the more senior techs that would travel around to different dealerships for odd issues to get involved.
Thanks. I plan to get the dealer to look at the CEL. In fact I didn't clear the code for that very reason. I've only had my car for 3 months so it is certainly well inside the bumper to bumper warranty period.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote