View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 08:56 AM   #585
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
you would think so,but it does get in there.talking straight up mechanics of the two is pretty easy without involving politics,but then the situation gets complicated.much as i think an electrified 6th gen camaro would be cool my 5th gen only has 75k miles on it.i am retired and replacing such a nice car with low miles on it is not really economically feasible for me.
At the pace that BEVs are rolling out, if you never want to buy a BEV between now and the time that you are looking up at the grass you wouldn’t have to. By 2030 BEVs will be about 30% of the new vehicles sold in the US. That means about 70% will be some form of ICE. By 2035 BEV will be close to 50%, meaning around 50% of the new vehicles available for purchase will be ICE-based. We’ll be way into the 2050’s before BEVs are the only vehicles available for purchase. If my kids haven’t taken my keys from me by then I’ll likely be driving something electric and something with a V8.

The big issue here is that cars like the ones we drive and talk about on this forum probably won’t make it to 2030. So find the one you love now. Cherish it and drive it until the day that you can’t drive anymore.

When it comes to vehicles in operation we’ll be well on the other side of 2050 before there are as many BEVs on the road as ICE, so fuel and service support for ICE vehicles will continue, just at reduced levels. We can still find service support for manual transmission vehicles even though they are well below 10% of the vehicles on the road today. Similar situation for ICE vehicles for at least the next 4 or 5 decades, maybe longer.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 05-21-2022 at 10:33 AM.