View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #41
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
@ZX-10R gets it, he knows. He has actually been on the forum for some time and contributes. The MM venting is a different technique that is easy to employ. Not the greatest for the tree huggers, but buying a supercharged V8 does not resonate with a lot of environmentalists anyway. I realize the venting only occurs when you have positive pressure with the MM, and most of the time the can is under vacuum. I don't know why GM put those weak seals in our LT4, as we never had that problem with the LS engines.

My video was a stock engine, heck I don't even have a CAI on it. Once you decide to modify then things start changing a lot, and builders place different priorities on things. Like anything cost plays a major role. If guys truly wants the best for their cars at high horsepower, they could entertain a vacuum pump to ensure there is constant vacuum on the crankcase under all scenarios. It actually adds some power as well, but it's going to cost more than just a catch can.
Ya he gets it. Sure he does. Just about the same as you promoting a product to get you tube clicks.

The mm mild can works exactly the same as your beloved Elite can, except it has a blow off for (just in case).

Anyway this has been brought up and rehashed a hundred times already.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote