View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 12:14 AM   #38
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
the coyote motor is crap. daily driving it's terrible. cant beat the small block pushrod chevys for instant power.
only decent thing those s550's have is the 6 pot brembros..thats it. the rest of the car is junk.
I'd obviously have to disagree here. I've had mine almost 12 years with zero issues. Coyote is state of the art. I've always found it to have plenty of power, is super smooth, loves to rev, and is good for 28-30 mpg to boot. The latest version makes 420tq and 480hp naturally aspirated from 5 liters.

The coyote's seeming lack of grunt comes partly from the s550s weight, but more from a poor choice of gearing on newer models. 2018 and up have completely different transmission ratios. Mine is single overdrive, with 1 through 4 short and close, which suits it very well. The newer cars have ratios more similar to the Camaros tremec, tall with 2 overdrives. That works well with a bigger displacement pushrod engine, but is not a good match for a 7500 rpm engine like the coyote. Ford really should have kept the older ratios.

As for the original thread question, reason I have a 6th gen on order....Alpha chassis. I think the 6th gen Camaro is one of the most underappreciated platforms out there. I believe it will go down as one of those cars that was largely ignored in its day, but will be greatly missed and fondly remembered once it's gone.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote