View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 04:40 PM   #45
NjaTrtl

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE M6, '12 Audi Q5
Yesterday I found a car coming in to a dealer about 400 miles away in Northern Cal at the beginning of May. It was the closest I've seen to my order...2SS 1LE rapid blue M6...but also had almost $3k worth of options I didn't really want. The dealer website had it listed at MSRP and I couldn't find anything about any mark-ups, so I spoke to the internet sales manager for a while and told him I wanted the car and was ready to put down the $1k deposit. He said he was busy with some other customers and needed to call me back, but 2 hours later after no call back I called him. He proceeded to tell me that his finance manager told him that there was a market adjustment on all of their Camaros of $15k. I told him there was no way that was happening, so he asked what could I do? I told him I couldn't go more than $1k over since this car was already $3k more than I was planning, so he said he'd speak to his finance manager and see what he could do. He called me today and bottom line was they wouldn't go lower than $5k over MSRP. I get that's the market, but I just couldn't justify spending $60k, before tax & license. It's a shame, in general and for me, that this is what it's come to. Back to waiting...
4th - '86 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z28 - White
5th - '91 Ford Mustang GT M5 convertible - White
6th - '00 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - Rally Red
7th - '12 MINI Cooper S M6 - Chili Red
Last - '22 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE M6 - Rapid Blue

Last edited by NjaTrtl; 04-08-2022 at 05:13 PM.
NjaTrtl is offline   Reply With Quote