View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 11:10 AM   #4
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
OK, from a mechanical standpoint, look at it this way. All you are doing is simply removing the water flowing through the heater core, thats MECHANICALLY all youre doing. How, if you look at the water flow through that system, could that possibly upset temperature of the motor? Water is still flowing properly, just not through the heater core. Your thermostat controls the internal temp of the water being heated in your motor, and opens and closes to ensure proper operating temps. How possibly could adding a bypass valve, and removig the heater core from this coolant loop, affect anything? perhaps, JUUUUUUST possibly, you would lose what, a couple of quarts of coolant "trapped" in the heater core and associated lines? Ive been a mechanic my whole life, and there is just no possible way redirecting water flow like this can change engine temps. Mechanically not possible. Hydraulically not possible. Take everything you read with a grain of salt, but in your experience, and mechanical apptitude skills, you know what I am saying is correct.

On a different note, I restored a DC3 we had on static display at McGuire AFB. Still had the R1830s intact on it. Not a recip guy myself, Turbo Fans and turbo jets mostly, but my pops was an R4D plane captain in the Navy at NAS Twin Cities back in the day.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote