View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 02:00 PM   #11
Full_Spectrum

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
I just looked it up, pretty cool. But in the triple pump application, how is it better than a $20 adjustable hobbs switch, adj fpr, and some relays?

So, are you planning on running all 3 pumps relay trigger wires to the Vaporworx controller, and letting the FPCM tell them when to come on?

Because it can't differentiate between 1 pump and 3 pumps, right?

(not trying to knock your setup here, I am genuinely interested)
The Vaporworx controller handles when the pumps come on, based on the FPCM output. This is a pretty solid setup. Think of it as a PDM being controlled by the FPCM.

In talking with all of the fuel supply companies, its clear there are a lot of ways to build a solid system. Return/boost reference is a good choice too- its just not as efficient as doing it this way, in my opinion.

Im not sure I'll ever turn this thing up enough to even need the 3 pumps, but I generally run E75-82, so it needs to move a lot of fuel- even at 850-900hp. Better to have more pump than not enough, etc.

Im building the tank and pump assembly when we get back from PRI, and am hoping to have this all installed in January.

The rest of the setup ismostly Radium parts, billet rails, damper, filter, and a bunch of Brown & Miller hoses.

My Detroit Speed parts finally arrived, so Im starting to get excited about working on this one.
Full_Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote