View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 11:13 AM   #11
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So you have the GT Premium with 401a option group? If so then that is what I consider to be the best value per dollar of all the Mustangs. It comes with all the creature comforts, the toggles (hence the Drag Mode), the NPP, the subwoofer, and I believe it has the 3.55 gears like I do along with the A10. For the price of that car, throw a blower and LTs on it and you'll be hanging with stock GT500s easily if not beating them. On top of that some suspension mods and coolers and you'll be able to keep up with a lot of cars that corner really well.

I like that particular package you have because you're not wasting money on PP1 which would be useless if you chose to upgrade the suspension. On top of that the PP2 is manual trans only and you really want the A10 with these cars. So for the price and what you'll spend on mods and the performance you'll get, like I said, the Premium GT 401a is the best value.

As far as comparing to the A8 SS, well like you said, you can't really compare the two fairly. However the biggest difference I notice between the GT and the Camaros is that the GT has tremendous wheel hop and a severe lack of control. It's like TC doesn't even exist on these cars even when it is on. Like pressing the button just illuminates a light and does nothing else at all. Mine gets sideways very easily and I have MPS4S tires on. The GT with G3 Coyote and 3.55s easily overpowers the suspension and safeties. I have to be very careful with mine because it just wants to get psycho. Sport mode, well it makes it look like a lunatic is driving the car. Track Mode is unusable on the street. Keep in mind mine is lowered and LTs. But I will say that in roll races I do not think there are many cars that can beat a forced induction G3 GT with A10 and 3.55s once the car is rolling. Mine is not boosted yet. But even NA I do feel like it can take much faster cars on a roll if only up to about 100 MPH.

The Camaros, conversely, are all much better controlled. If it is raining then I'll drive my ZL1 or Hellcat before driving the GT. And the seats in the Camaro are better. As well as the brakes. Although since you have a higher trim than mine it might be more equal. If you ask me, the GT is the car you buy if you want to mod. The SS is the car you buy if you just want crazy good out the box performance.

Either way, when matched properly the 18+ GT (with A10, 3.55s, and Drag Mode) and SS with A10 are pretty evenly matched. Both cars amaze and impress me. I'm not known for Giving Ford credit but they did a damn good job on the 18+ GT. They just need to work more on the suspension, control, and overall quality/finish.
My (former) 2018 GT Premium with PP1, A10, and MagneRide was very controlled. The upgraded suspension and MR made a big difference on the GT. It wasn’t up to ZL1 level obviously but it was very good. I have no interest in modding factory suspension so a PP1 w/ MagneRide was a good choice for me. It was very capable. And like I used to say, with a few bolt ons and a bit of weight reduction it was very quick with the 3.55s.

I wouldn’t have sold my GT for an SS, but it was an easy decision to upgrade to the ZL1 as you know.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote