Thread: Camaro's Future
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #380
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
STOP! I get YOUR point. You are excusing GM from putting an interior in the Camaro that matches the price because of performance.

Please hear me. You CAN have all 3. Excusing GM for cheaping out on the interior of a $70,000 car, pickup truck or luxury car is not excusable.

I’m suggesting GM get its game in and you are defending GM because the ZL1 is awesome, which it is.

So to be even more clear, Mazda has a wonderful, near Audi interior in a $22,000 hatchback. Can’t the base Camaro at $30,000 do equally as well?
You're fighting a losing battle.
he places no value on interior features. He only values performance.
You could git the interior and put in a plywood dash wrapped in boat trailer carpet and he would still say the ZL1 is a great buy because of its performance.

He is the buyer Chevy made Camaro's for,

You are advocating for the normal people who have a certain level of expectations regarding what should come with a car at a given price.

Much like how a dealer will not give you much extra on trade in because you added underglow LEDs, a twin turbo kit, cam, intake and exhaust, because that value is subjective and may mean nothing to the next buyer who is simply looking for reliable transportation..... The fact that the Camaro can perform so well does not outweigh the $30,000 interior to somebody who expects a $70,000 car to feel like a $70,000 car on the inside