View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #13
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I'll never understand all the fuss. We have 4 vehicles in the house and all are meticulous. We hand wash all of them at least once a week and hand wax them about once a month due to the brutal Florida hot sun and heavy rains. Sometimes once in between with the spray on stuff.

The Camaro is super easy- I can wash and hand wax it in about 45 minutes if I go at a full bore pace. If I take my time about 1.25 hours. By doing it often the wax goes on and off easy. If I wax it with the spray stuff about 20 minutes. I first wash it, shammy it dry, then start hand waxing. I do part of the car at a time- breaking up the hood into 3 or 4 parts, the roof in 2 parts, then each fender, door, etc. I apply the wax and let it dry just until it reaches a haze. I don't let it completely dry as a lot of people do. (It makes it too hard to get it off and it leaves streaks in my opinion). Comes out perfect every time.

Now my GF's short bed regular cab Silverdo takes longer for sure and my Silverado Double Cab the longest. My 1997 Wrangler I can do in 35 minutes.

I have Clay Barred my vehicles too. Also super easy. I remember doing my 2011 SS. Took about 1.5 hours.

I have never had my vehicles waxed or detailed by a service.
45 min-1.25hrs on a car? That will never happen. I'm out biking and/or running or walking/hiking for 1-3 hours every day. That's enough.