View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 10:28 AM   #7
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I was simply trying to help the OP by relaying the experience I had with my dealer and to indirectly suggest you get as much in writing as possible at time of placing your order to protect you, the buyer, from a dealer trying to later raise the price at time of delivery.

I can't speak to what the dealer is legally required to provide, but I wanted to make sure I was as protected as possible to ensure the price I paid at the end was the same as we had discussed prior to placing the order. I asked to make sure they had something for us to sign that spelled out the vehicle being ordered and the pricing and and final costs we had informally agreed to in our prior communications. The dealer provided a pricing sheet (detailed the agreed vehicle price and the modifications like dealer fees, tax, tags, etc) and a separate receipt for the payment deposit.

I provided this info to help other buyers on the forum because, as much as it seems obvious that the above approach would help protect both buyer and seller, it appears that not all forum members placing an order have had the same experience. In other previous threads, at least one member said they had supposedly ordered a car and had not even agreed on a price with their dealer (so obviously no pricing or contract forms were signed, and no clue how they would mutually agree on a price at a later point when the buyer has time invested and has lost much of their leverage). Then there were other cases where cars were ordered and no supposedly no deposit was taken, and no mention to price negotiation or paperwork was made.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote