Thread: Club F1FTY
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #14383
rocknss

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZSS View Post
Hey all - it's been a little bit. Work kind of kicked my ass a bit in the beginning of the pandemic and then I took a bit of a break from social media. I've got some good news though. My Fifty finally has a garage! A couple of you might recall we were getting ready to list our current house around the late Feb / early March timeframe, but then real estate shut down for a little while. In late April NC started doing virtual tours but we decided to hang back and see what Covid would mean for us. In May I went to go take the Fifty for a drive and stumbled upon a pretty large door ding on the driver's side door. 10 days later we were on the market and closed on a deal in 2 more days. After a 6 week closing period we moved into a beautiful home outside of the city with a THREE CAR GARAGE. The first thing I did was carry the gf across the threshold and then parked my baby in her forever home. Next was calling the PDR guy who did an awesome job pulling out the door ding. He was here the day after we closed haha.

Now I am on a mission to make it perfect. I've always been careful in my pictures not to show the cracked front splitter from the previous owner. I wanted to replace that sooner but our old driveway had a pretty good incline and I would occasionally scrape if I didn't hit it at the right angle. I didn't want to ding up a new one so I waited for the garage. I also found that my new neighbor two doors down is a professional detailer and has offered to give my car the works for a great price. The splitter replacement is going to be interesting as it looks like I'll have to drill out some rivets. The only other thing I would like to replace is the matte stripe as it is pretty beat up and no amount of YouTube advise has helped bring it back to showroom quality.

Happy to see all of the new members and this thread is still going strong. I'll be around a bit more now that things have settled down a bit.

Congrats on the new house and garage for your Fifty!!

I need to replace my splitter also on my Fifty as I hit a curb. Did the splitter you bought come painted, are going to have it painted for leave it the color it came in?
2001 Chevy Camaro SS (sold)
1969 Chevy Suburban (restoration project)
rocknss is offline   Reply With Quote