View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #51
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
LOL... Not sure were you're getting your information from but if you download the GM brochure for 2020 and look on page 30 it provides some pretty good factory specs on the vehicle. I didn't find any reference that the LT1 was the fastest.
In fact it actually shows the 0-60 and 1/4 mile slower for the LT1 with a limited top speed of 149 mph vs 180 mph for the SS.

One thing that might help the LT1 is GM list that the LT1 is limited to a top speed of 149mph. While this shouldn't apply to street use..LOL, it could have some effect on a reduced rate.

Here a link by the way to the factory brochure, good information for the model year.

https://dealerinspire-brochure.s3.am...s.com/2438.pdf

I agree.. Let's see some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
It is the fastest being the lightest. That is just physics. Exact same power and drive train. And you are probably right about the posted Chevy time. But the difference is tires. Those tires limit the top speed of LT1 in the tune.
LT1s come with a free winter setup. Give me a stock LT1 with SS rear tires and with the same driver and the SS WILL be slower. It is just science.

Or better yet anyone, bring your M6 SS whatever with a CAI and DRs to Atco in July and let us see how it goes. Or I can lend you my DRs and you run first, then we can see what the LT1 has to beat.

Chevrolet always has lower statistics compared to actual tests. Proper car reviews have gotten camaros to go quicker than the automaker's claim. People have achieved 4 seconds flat and lower with the 10 speed in stock LT1s, even on 245s. I'm not entirely sure if it is faster/quicker though, it should be on par without changing the tires.

But, the top speed thing is spot on with it being limited to 149/150 mph. If anyone goes higher in this car, then they have more than likely removed the speed limiter. Even though I wouldn't be too surprised as some people have claimed to go over the drag limit (180+) on the SS.

Reference for the Camaro LT1s speed limiter: https://youtu.be/o9_51SCIuQY?t=18 (Look closely at the car's gauge)

Last edited by ModernCamaroZ28Fan; 07-09-2020 at 03:43 PM.
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote