Thread: ltg motor
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #7
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
The stock turbos can't move enough air to do 320whp reliably it's a known fact if you do any research. You can hit 350whp with E85 or Meth on the stock turbo but it will be unreliable without a built motor to avoid things breaking.
Those are the accurate numbers. I'm working on getting my FF tune up to speed. Its a good challenge, since I want to know everything that is happening in the CPU.

MW is easy, doesn't require any connections to the ecu, does't require any special tuning other than working in the VT tables. Onboard O2, adjusts the trims and the STFT range isn't so wonky that it triggers any codes. You get cooling effect where it really matters in boost, and power in the top end during spray. easy to adjust or shut off. WW fluid is more than sufficient to do the job. Can be metered to juice as much or little as you want to refill the tank. $2 a fill. nozzle 4 on full WW ok for hot months. Cooler DAs you can cut that in half.

FF is more of a constant power adder and very expensive if all you have access to is VP X85. Requires a lot of fine tuning work, has more constant and low to mid power, but I'm not really wowed yet on the top end, but its a work in progress. high end power is similar to MW. requires a tricky connector pull into the X3 harness. $12 per gallon.

- You can Not use FF and MW together effectively. I got the bogs. It just doesn't work that way so forget about extending fueling like that.

Billet turbo wheel is up front cost and labor is more advanced, is a constant power adder, and puts a lot more stress on everything. Get in there and calibrate the MAF sensor. Definitely having the boost cooler is a great combo with the billet wheel. $900 for complete / no core.

I have been shopping for traction adders, but my better judgement says to just be OK with street rubber on the track, to be OK with the slippage, even though prepped cars will launch much harder, I kept pace with a cammed LS el camino on drag radials, last week.

Had I actually been dialed in with my FF tune, it would have been an interesting finish. I expect it to take a few weeks to get it dialed in.

I'm running consistent 390 tq to the crank with either fuel option with HP tuners logs. Probably in the 340 range to the wheel.

Edit: oh yeah, and my alky percent for first testing is only 20 percent.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106

Last edited by wookwook; 07-06-2020 at 08:48 AM.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote