View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 08:11 PM   #86
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
The general public also has no clue about the superiority of the alpha chassis so gm needs to let their rigid options/pricing go.

I still don't know why a $37K 1SS doesn't have blind spot monitoring or leather standard. You know, what a comparably priced family sedan would have, let alone sports car.

Edit: As I have mentioned in another thread, LT4 vs. LT5 crate engine difference is $3k. While not a total apples to apples comparison for production's sake, it goes to show that
a LT5 ZL1 doesn't need to be anywhere near $100k, let alone $80k. Imagine the buzz it would create for the Camaro . . . The fact that GM put it in the low volume C7 ZR1 and nothing else tells me
that they have probably already recouped its costs and that there is margin enough for utilizaition in the Camaro.

You confuse what you think something should cost with what it will cost.

I’m sour a ton of people can tell you why an iPhone 11 should only cost $500 too.

GM has told us how much they believe the LT5 is worth to them. It really doesn’t matter what you or I think.