View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
Ledwards70

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Angry AC/Actuator Door Class Action

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Camaro V6. I started having problems with my air conditioning. When I would turn on the cold it will blow out hot, when I would turn on the heating It would blow cold, so I decided to take it into the Chevrolet dealer in Folsom and they explained to me that my actuator door was broken. Which means I would have to remove my windshield, my dashboard and the center console. I had the work completed on July 29th, 2016. I paid a total of $2,070.09. I started noticing the same problem happening in September of 2019, so I called the dealership that performed the work and told them that I was experiencing the same issues. They then told me that my warranty was up, because it was only a 3yr warranty.Basically telling me that there is nothing that they could do for me. So, I decided to call GM. They then told me to have a diagnostic done to make sure it was the same issue and to contact them once the diagnostic was completed, they would see if anything could be done for me or if they could help me in any way. I did what they asked. I paid $165 for a diagnostic.The diagnosis was the same exact issue that I repaired previously in 2016 , the only difference now Is that they want $2,425. Long story short, GM is refusing to help with the repairs.The Chevrolet dealers are using a cheap plastic part for the actuator door, knowing that it will be short-lived once they install it in your car and it will last no longer than three years. That's why there's only a three year warranty. Once that warranty is up, you'll be back at the Chevy dealer paying over 2 grand for the exact same repairs that they did previously on your car. To prevent this from happening to any other Chevy Camaro consumers, I wouldn't like to get a class action lawsuit started against them. If anyone is having the same issue with your Chevy Camaro’s A/C please feel free to contact me via email at (angrycamaroowner@gmail.com) and we can work together to figure out a solution.

Last edited by Ledwards70; 03-19-2020 at 07:03 PM. Reason: forgot to put email address in
Ledwards70 is offline   Reply With Quote