View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #25
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Snowballing here but if you are in the market for a completely different V6 look into the Infiniti Q50 AWD or RWD. You can get a 300bhp 3.0 twin turbo that is easily bumped up to over 400rwhp for under $600 bucks with the JB4 tuner. Oh and it gets 25mpg easily on 93. That's awesome for a smooth riding luxury four door. You can find nice low mile examples in the low 20k's possibly $19k or less if you wait until closer to the end of the year. The deals get really nice so they can close as many deals before EOY.

I purchased the 2dr coupe version called the Q60 and love it. They only offer these in a 7spd AT which I wasn't happy about but am making it work. It shifts decent on it's own but leaves a lot to be desired when using the lame "manual" mode. I've only owned MT cars so this is new to me so I could just be picky. I leave it in Sport+ mode and in Drive. Has a nice growl when it aggressivly downshifts on hard stops. I got a good deal on an Infiniti Sport Axle back which make it sound a little better.

Anyways, this has been a stellar car so far and it's quick as hell. I'd recommend the 18+ if you can swing but the 17s are still good. The 16s had issues with slipping belts that took engines with them so stay away from those! The RS 400 models are awesome too. Stock with 400bhp with same tune capability to a tune of like 430rwhp and over 400rwtq. Pretty impressive for a little v6 Sorry for the long book, I get lonely. Not many people come down in my mom's basement :( haha

Cheers!
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote