View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 09:45 PM   #12
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
Same thing happened to mine. About 8500 miles and 7 track days on the short but rough pavement of the local track. Very inside was corded - didn't see it and almost did another track day on them, until I was under the car changing oil and noticed it. Had to scramble to get another pair.

Front alignment has probably been knocked out a bit - haven't had it aligned since last August.
Just changed my front tires today and got it realigned back to street settings after it had been aligned to track specifications in May.

Camber had moved from of -2.0 to -2.5 on the front passenger side but stayed about the same on the front driver side going from -2.0 to -1.7.

Toe had gone from +.02 on both front tires to -.13 and -.08 before the re-alignment back to street settings. Now that I think about it, the dealership never set the toe right, seeing as how track alignment recommends .1 to .15, not sure if that's a big deal or not.

Also not sure if that kind of camber and toe change is normal after about 15 twenty minute track sessions and 5000 miles.