View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Hate to say I told you all so.....

I remember when pricing was released for the 6th Camaro, specifically the 1SS, I griped about it on this forum. I said then the sales would suffer and only time would tell if I was wrong or right. I paid $33K for my 5th gen 1SS in 2012. I paid right at $38K for my 6th gen 1SS in 2016. I said only the real Camaro enthusiast wouldn't mind this $5K increase because the car is so much more technologically advanced than the 5th gen and the performance is far more superior. Yes there are some features that I have standard that I didn't before. But the weirdos that we are on this forum don't represent the average consumer that would fallout from sticker shock. At that time the Mustang had just started kicking our ass in sales. Everyone said wait until the 6th gen is released and we would reclaim our position. I love the 6th gen Camaro even though the change wasn't radical enough, its an awesome car. But with Ford having that entry Mustang GT around $32-$34K, I knew they would continue their dominance in sales as we had no entry level SS comparable in price. Fast forward to a rushed refresh in 2019, another refresh in 2020, and finally an entry level V8 called the LT1. We are still missing the glaring point, the LT1 should be the 1SS, the 1SS at $38K should be starting price of the 2SS, or make a 3SS if you need to. Again, the average consumers are not weirdos like us. And will still choose a GT over a LT1 because they don't know WTF a LT1 is or anything about the history of the engine. Now rumors of a delayed or shelved 7th Gen Camaro is scary. I pray we don't lose the Camaro again.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote