Thread: Goodbye
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:45 PM   #15
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Trading in the whole car just because the timing chain needs to be replaced? Uh, I don't know about that. Last time I checked, these cars are still worth some bucks. A new timing chain wouldn't cost more than the value of the car.

However, I understand that some people get sick of vehicles and when a large repair bill crops up, they rather just trade it in on something else.

I wonder if the trade-in dealer knows about the timing chain code and if that affected the value.
It's possible the terms he got for the new car are fantastic. Could have been zero/low down on something with a great warranty.
As you said, some people just don't want to deal with the headache of a repair like that. If a daily driver, it's hard to have any downtime at all when a problem like this happens.

Our love for these cars makes it difficult to understand that some people just aren't as enthralled by the Camaro as most of us here are. For others, it's just another 'white good' or disposable item after a few years. If the Camaro truly had an effect on him, he will probably be back in a few years when the situation changes. Most of us would have a very hard time walking away from the Camaro unless going to a Vette or another muscle car. If not, best of luck to him.

I don't understand some people's hard feelings.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote