View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimms89 View Post
Well to get back to the point of the water management system leaking into the floor pan. The drains aren't plugged or clogged. My body shop suggested a convertible top repair place nearby, I spoke to them they only really do the tops and on't know much about the drainage bags. I went to my dealer, they said its usually around $1,800 to replace the water management bags, and I am waiting on a price to also get a new corded top to prevent the rubbing issues that my original tops has also been having.

Dealer said it was out of warranty so nothing they could do, I called chevy customer service they basically said yes its a known issue, new water management bags were issued in a TSB, and a new corded top was issued in a TSB but since it is outside the warranty period I have to pay for it out of pocket. I am very disappointed in GM for this, they admit it is due to a design problem but will not give anything towards correcting it.
One reason I finally sold mine, GM’s refusal to fix something I had to have fixed twice previously under warranty. Then I also had the concern about the condensation issue thay said was normal, plus water bag possibly flooding the car at some point.
Funny I have less concerns about my 12 year old Pontiac G6 convertible top than I had with my 6 year old Camaro’s.