View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #340
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Wanting to work even further outside the box with even taller 22s

Hey Gang,
I need some tire fitment help for my 2010 Camaro and custom 3 piece wheels. (and sorry I've been away so long)
I want to go taller in the front, and my fitment was already on the obscure end at the time.
I’ve always been one to think a little outside the box, and when my 2010 Camaro was new, the idea of running 30 series tires on 22 inch rims was extremely rare. (And even years later, I love these Rims!)
To be specific
22 x 9.5 and +35mm offset using 265/30/22 tires (28.26h x 3.13 sidewall)
22 x 11 and + 37mm offset using 315/30 22 tires (29.44h x 3.72 sidewall)
Car is NOT lowered

Tires were from VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA and are no longer available (I went through 2-3 sets in the years I had the car.

I chose this set up because I liked 22s, I likes wide, and I wanted the most sidewall I could have to endure the east coast potholes.
I have not found this tire combination from any other manufactures (or for reasonable price.)
Also, having hit my fair share of potholes , I’ll like to increase the front Sidewalls some to more equal the rears.

Goal, don’t give up any width, and don’t give up any sidewall height (ideally add sidewall height to the fronts)

Has anyone successfully run a
265/35–22 or a 275/35- 22? (or perhaps even a 285/35-22) on the fronts?
If so, what width and offset is ideal.

I hit a center medium in a storm that was part submerged, and damaged the drivers sidec 3 piece wheels. COR wheels has them in FL and is rebuilding all of them (probibly have 80k - 100k miles on them), so I may have some latitude in width and offset.

Right now I’m eyeballing a set of
Atturo AZ850 275/35R22 Front (29.6 Dia x 10.9 w sidewall 3.8 in)
Atturo AZ850 315/30R22 Rear (29.7 Dia x 12.3 w sidewall 3.85 in)

They are reasonably priced. Like my VREDESTEIN ULTRAC, they are primarily designed for high performance SUVs
The rear size should not be an issue it's the size I run now. (though ideally, I'd like to bring them inboard about 1/4 inch)

Thoughts? Any suggestions for changing the wheels width or offset before they are rebuilt (they are mostly just saving the centers and am getting all new inner and outer barrels.)
Patrick
Attached Images

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2

Last edited by PatrickfromMD; 09-24-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: adding specs for proposed tires
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote