View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #29
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by race2win View Post
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've visited the site, but I plan to be more involved with this community in the coming year.

Like Mike mentioned, there is a proposal to move the AWD cars currently classed in BS to DS...16-17 Focus RS, all Evos and STI's, Audi TTs, etc. The Mazda RX8 and Nissan 350Z are also proposed to move from CS>DS, although the RX8 is unlikely to happen.

I believe the SAC has decided on the proposal, but it won't be published until the Nov Fastrack which will come out in Oct.

The 1LE 2.0T should also be classed at the same time, when SAC members asked me I suggested DS because I don't really think it will be significantly better than the base car. It will likely be ~75-100 lbs heavier, and the staggered wheel sizes do more to hurt balance than help IMO.

To the OP, while the saying "there's no substitute for cubic inches" is certainly true, I have truly enjoyed owning my 2.0T. I don't daily drive it, but easily could as it's super livable, gets good MPG, and is quicker than almost every Camaro built before 2002 The best part is how it handles though, it truly is better than the sum of it's parts!

I will update the DS thread soon, plans are to test shocks and a front bar this winter
I think the best thing about the turbo 1LE is you can have a turbo, but not have it be a base model, its a little more "special". Kinda how with car ADD i also want a type R(and fiat 124 for stu, and a colorado ZR2, and a alfa stelvio, and gulia... the list goes on) but i dont want front wheel drive. For someone like me who drives his car every day year round Id want things that the 1LT comes with vs the 1LS. (1LE turbo package only starts being available on 1LT right now according to the chevy site) I do hope it goes to DS but i have no plans right now to do so. Unfinished business in FS lol
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote