View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #34
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
BAM!

At what point do you think the stock connecting rods need to be swapped out? I was thinking that once you are in the 800 range, it's time to start thinking about it. What are your thoughts?
My cars rods collapsed at 620 wheel. Only car we've ever had fail on us like that. Guess i'm glad it was mine but not really. No knock, air/fuel was good, no indication it should have let go. I've seen people claim they'll hold a ton but it doesn't ever seem to be very long lived. For what we do with our cars and for what most of our customers do with them, we counsel people to start fortifying above 600 wheel. Its cheaper to do it before you put two holes in the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Any word on when the 2650 Maggie is supposed to be released?
Keeps getting bumped but it should be very close. The ZL1 2300 blower came out already which is odd because Magnuson has had the 2650 car for quite a while now. They don't release things until they are right though so i'm sure it will be money when it comes out. Personally, I think the 2300 blower is more than adequate for the vast majority of people out there. You can make 800 wheel on it and keep IAT's in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
It would be intresting to see how this compares to the big whipple (2900?) or the new blower on the ZR1(170 degree helix at 2.65).

To me and this is way above my pay grade, it is a more of a cooling issue at some point.
In our experience, the maggie 2300 is better (more efficient and better quality) than the whipple 2900 so I would imagine its the same on the ZL1 offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I believe Edelbrock released their 2650 kit.
I have two close friends that run edelbrock blowers and they just aren't the way i'd go. This is new blower I know but I don't see any reason to expect much different. Hopefully its nice but i'm not going to assume it will be so.

Let me know if we can help or answer any questions.

All the best,

Jared
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote