View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #32
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
When I bought my Camaro I went to the Credit Union first and worked out the terms. The loan officer gave me their business card and told me to give it to the dealership, that they knew the finance team at the dealership.

Went down to the Chevy dealership and ordered the Camaro and handed over the business card.

Three months later I picked up the car and drove it back to the Credit Union. They verified that I had the car and wanted to check it out, since the Camaros were still fairly new at this time, and then I left.

The last two new cars I bought have been Fords and I financed at the dealerships (Ford and Auto Nation). The process took less than two hour each time from the time I walked in the door, including a test drive. The cars were already highly discounted as the next year models were about to come out, so there was no haggling for the price. The Ford dealership even had me sign up with ID.me and within two minutes they verified my veteran’s status.

This was the complete opposite of when I was a kid and my parents would literally be at the dealership from sun up to sun down buying a new car. There is just so much information online now that I would guess that close to half the people buying cars now are well informed and know the exact car they want prior to walking in the door.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote