View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 12:15 AM   #1
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Question Wow. Test drove an LE today and I have some questions

I drove a 2015 2ss1LE today. It was my first ride in the newer Camaro so I have some questions about th 1LE.

Is the suspension tough to live with on a day to day basis?

When depressing the clutch, it seems like there was no friction zone. It was either in or out. My Mini Coopers clutch has the same pedal resistance for the full range of motion. The Camaro s clutch required a harder initial force followed by a very light resistance in the friction zone then a harder pedal press at the end of travel. I’m sure Its just something to get used to.

Does your 1le rattle a little. I’m sure whatever is rattling around was caused by the tight suspension. Man that’s stiff!

How does the 1LE’s suspension compare to a regular ss suspension? Is there a big difference?

To me, the exhaust was LOUD. I literally mouthed “holy $hit” when I started it. My first thought was, I’m going to piss off the neighbors. Do your neighbors complain about the noise? It had dual mode exhaust. I don’t know what mode it was in. It sounded beautiful. The videos don’t do the exhaust sound any justice.

The car reminded me so much of my buddy’s 67 Camaro back when I was in high school. It felt stiff somewhat heavy and even rattled a little just like the 67. I wasn’t expecting it to feel like a raw muscle car. I was expecting a more refined driving experience. I Was smiling the whole time.

I can’t wait to see how it rails compared to the Mini Cooper. The ss is crazy!! All that available power the handling and the exhaust. Just wow. I was so floored that it reminded me of driving a 67 Camaro.

I loved the hud and it burbles just like my mini, only much nicer. Visibility wasn’t bad at all.

Just WOW!
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote