View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
Tritanium

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
The original manufacture of that style was Borla (XR-1). https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...ders-17249.htm - But now there are several chinese knock-offs of that exact same style.

What's the price? Because I know that there are several chinese knock-offs of that exact style.

I passed on them because it looks as though the collector area hangs very low compared to other designs. But without comparing directly against another set, I cannot be certain. Other problem is you cannot use cats on them. They designed them so that the 'off-road' pipes are integrated right into the pipes. Another possible issue, depending on your power goals, is they are 1 3/4".
Thank you so much, that was really quick. They are under $300 and off a wrecked SS. Honestly I don't really have any crazy power goals. I want a fairly tame sounding(but louder then stock) exhaust, so I was planning on some used NPP and then just painting the factory exhaust manifolds with some high heat black paint so they'd look pretty. I saw the good deal on this though, and am planning a 100-150 shot NOS setup in the near future. So I figured I could grab these instead. I'm not really to fond of the whole no cats thing though. All in all what do you think?

Thanks again for your help!
Tritanium is offline   Reply With Quote