View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #131
94boosted

Drives: ‘17 1LE, ‘17 BMW 340, ‘18 F-150
My tire shop is having a heck of a time mounting 305/30/19 RE71R's onto my front 19x10 Forgestar CF5's, they just can't get the bead to seal but I know for a fact they fit as these are the exact wheels that came off of an autocrossed SS 1LE running the same tires.

Bretts are you in Calgary or Edmonton? Any plans on autocrossing with the SASC this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilfinite View Post
Gotcha. Interesting info!

Has anyone tried custom-valved Koni shocks before? Still need to read up on shock construction... So we want max gas pressure to get some extra spring rate from the shocks and then what else?
I had my Koni's custom valved by TrueChoice and they actually run a lower N2 pressure than you'd think, arguably just enough to prevent cavitation of the oil. I spoke with their engineer as I too was surprised by this decision as I thought in a street class car you'd want to do anything you can to increase spring rate and running high N2 pressure is one way of doing that, but in their testing on the Koni twin tube's that the best set up and it does result in a slight reduction in ride height.