View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #4916
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
If you are talking about the Chevrolet Caprice PPV, there were some built. They have since been discontinued.

http://www.government-fleet.com/phot...-ppv/6388.aspx
No. The Caprice was still just a regular Holden sedan that Chevy sold as a police car.

The thing that I was curious about was going to be designed from the ground to be a police car & nothing else. Pretty sure this was the first (and only) car the company had tried to build. I forget all the features it was supposed to have but I think it was to be diesel with AWD. The rear seats were to be moulded to seat a cuffed suspect while the front seats had space around the hip/waist area to give room for the officers radio, gun, and other things on their belt. I think the fenders were re-inforced for performing PIT manoeuvres. Might have been an integrated rack heavy weapons in the trunk. There were a ton of things it was supposed to have that were allegedly based on officers complaints about typical police cruisers.

Basically, the entire thing was intended to be delivered from the factory with 0 retrofitting for police duty while incorporating things that would be difficult/impossible for a converted civilian sedan to have but pretty straight forward to do if the car was only ever going to be for police duty.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote