CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Chassis / Brakes (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288)
-   -   WTB Suspension control module (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624678)

Jake02 04-04-2024 02:02 PM

WTB Suspension control module

I’m looking for a used suspension control module from a ZL1 1LE. Part number 84214461.

SCCAForums 04-04-2024 05:42 PM

Best bet is entire package from eBay... (in my experience)

Jake02 04-04-2024 09:36 PM

I have replaced the MRC with the Multimatic DSSV suspension from a ZL1 1LE. When I did this I used shock simulators and suspension ride height sensor simulators. I used ride height simulators because it sounds like when people don’t use them it is more likely for the shock simulator to go bad. Since going to this setup I have had some brake bias issues and through some research I have found that this car uses electronically controlled brake proportion valves to control brake bias on the fly as needed. I imagine the weight transfer of the car when braking and turning with affect the commanded brake bias. Which is why I want to regain the use of the ride height sensors. I have heard that I can install a ZL1 1LE suspension control module and it will eliminate the need for shock simulators and still allow me to use the ride height sensors and will hopefully correct my issues.
This is why I need a suspension control module from a ZL11LE specifically. I have checked everywhere I can think of and can only find modules for a car with MRC. Both cars use the same part number, it appears the programming is different. I have access to Global Connect and can program factory calibrations but to my knowledge cannot install a program for a different car on my car. Technically the module swap I want to do shouldn’t work but I think it is worth a try at this point.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

clyde 04-05-2024 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake02 (Post 11416432)
I have replaced the MRC with the Multimatic DSSV suspension from a ZL1 1LE. When I did this I used shock simulators and suspension ride height sensor simulators. I used ride height simulators because it sounds like when people don’t use them it is more likely for the shock simulator to go bad. Since going to this setup I have had some brake bias issues and through some research I have found that this car uses electronically controlled brake proportion valves to control brake bias on the fly as needed. I imagine the weight transfer of the car when braking and turning with affect the commanded brake bias. Which is why I want to regain the use of the ride height sensors. I have heard that I can install a ZL1 1LE suspension control module and it will eliminate the need for shock simulators and still allow me to use the ride height sensors and will hopefully correct my issues.
This is why I need a suspension control module from a ZL11LE specifically. I have checked everywhere I can think of and can only find modules for a car with MRC. Both cars use the same part number, it appears the programming is different. I have access to Global Connect and can program factory calibrations but to my knowledge cannot install a program for a different car on my car. Technically the module swap I want to do shouldn’t work but I think it is worth a try at this point.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

[deleted my comment because it was wrong]

DaveC113 04-05-2024 04:11 PM

Several on ebay right now for $50-60. Won't matter if it's manual or auto afaik.

It works for me. Much better option than spending $500 on $50 worth of resistors, wire and plugs that often fail.

clyde 04-05-2024 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveC113 (Post 11416597)
Won't matter if it's manual or auto afaik.

I thought user @GunMetalGrey reported having issues when trying to use one that came from a car with the other transmission? Maybe not? :noidea:

DaveC113 04-05-2024 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 11416601)
I thought user @GunMetalGrey reported having issues when trying to use one that came from a car with the other transmission? Maybe not? :noidea:

That was the brake module.

Jake02 04-05-2024 05:37 PM

I really have checked and continue to check everywhere I can think of including eBay. There are a lot of suspension control modules for sale. All I have found so far are for mag ride not dssv. I have access to gm global connect so I can run the vin and check the suspension rpo code.
Still looking. If you have one hit me up!

clyde 04-05-2024 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 11416593)
wrong stuff I wrote

Oh crap, I got mixed up and confused it with another module. Sigh. Sorry for that.

OTOH, do the ZL1 1LEs come with the shock controller since the DSSV don't need it? If you're not certain, maybe ask in the ZL1 forum if someone can take a look in their trunk to confirm it's confirm it's present or not?

DaveC113 04-05-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake02 (Post 11416612)
I really have checked and continue to check everywhere I can think of including eBay. There are a lot of suspension control modules for sale. All I have found so far are for mag ride not dssv. I have access to gm global connect so I can run the vin and check the suspension rpo code.
Still looking. If you have one hit me up!

I'd bet that any Camaro sus module from a car w/o magride will work. DSSV has absolutely no electronics attached to it.

DaveC113 04-05-2024 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 11416639)
Oh crap, I got mixed up and confused it with another module. Sigh. Sorry for that.

OTOH, do the ZL1 1LEs come with the shock controller since the DSSV don't need it? If you're not certain, maybe ask in the ZL1 forum if someone can take a look in their trunk to confirm it's confirm it's present or not?

No problem!

They do. I have one in my car, I just switched to MCS coilovers. I have no idea what it does, the only other electronics are the suspension position sensors.

Christian1LE 04-05-2024 09:34 PM

I found mine on ebay, it was plug and play and I've had no issues with DSSV.

This one says it was pulled from a regular Camaro SS that shouldn't have magride.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35535433197...AR9VKPR1P95Y2A

Slurpee 05-02-2024 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian1LE (Post 11416674)
I found mine on ebay, it was plug and play and I've had no issues with DSSV.

This one says it was pulled from a regular Camaro SS that shouldn't have magride.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35535433197...AR9VKPR1P95Y2A

Did you use an SS module?