CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Axleback Comparison: MBRP vs Corsa NPP (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624510)

paradigm 03-27-2024 08:49 AM

Axleback Comparison: MBRP vs Corsa NPP

I currently have an MBRP axle back exhaust on my 2022 SS 1LE. The MBRP sounds good, but I find it a little loud for cruising at times.

I am thinking of switching to a Corsa NPP to regain the NPP functionality which I would think would quiet the car for longer cruising.

Thoughts on switching?

WhiteMale 03-27-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradigm (Post 11414340)
I currently have an MBRP axle back exhaust on my 2022 SS 1LE. The MBRP sounds good, but I find it a little loud for cruising at times.

I am thinking of switching to a Corsa NPP to regain the NPP functionality which I would think would quiet the car for longer cruising.

Thoughts on switching?

I think you've expressed in a really minimal sense there to think about thousands of dollars in new expenses for a Corsa NPP. Just go back to your suitcase assuming you have it. (I have the MBRP BTW).

IndyZrider 03-27-2024 09:16 AM

so many people jump right into the race exhaust....did the street version ever cross your mind? i could care less about the valves in the exhaust....but i chose the street version with mufflers and resonators in case i added headers....i find these cars to be very quiet on the inside while being noticeably louder outside....

RideWithDanger 03-27-2024 10:29 AM

I will throw AWE Touring into the ring here. No NPP functionality but its way cheaper than Corsa, and doesn't drone or sound obnoxious when cruising like MBRP. Not to mention its the best sound for these cars IMO.

WhiteMale 03-27-2024 12:07 PM

If the MBRP drones it's because it's broken or you don't know what drone is.

Curr 03-28-2024 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradigm (Post 11414340)

Thoughts on switching?

General consensus on the Corsa NPP is; quieter than stock in stealth, and noticeably louder than stock when open.

Kind of sounds perfect to me.

RideWithDanger 03-28-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curr (Post 11414612)
General consensus on the Corsa NPP is; quieter than stock in stealth, and noticeably louder than stock when open.

Kind of sounds perfect to me.

Corsa NPP valves closed is louder than stock with valves open. At a warm idle the Corsa NPP and stock NPP are very close though, Corsa just sounds better. These are the numbers from Corsa in their direct comparison:

Stock NPP closed – 91.3 db

Stock NPP open – 94.0 db

Corsa closed – 97.5 db

Corsa open – 108.4 db

paradigm 03-31-2024 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideWithDanger (Post 11414656)
Corsa NPP valves closed is louder than stock with valves open. At a warm idle the Corsa NPP and stock NPP are very close though, Corsa just sounds better. These are the numbers from Corsa in their direct comparison:

Stock NPP open – 94.0 db

Corsa closed – 97.5 db

Corsa open – 108.4 db

Good information.

I installed the Corsa NPP on my Camaro yesterday. It quieted down the car, I got my NPP functionality back, and it sounds more deeper than the MBRP. I am very happy with it.

https://i.ibb.co/vQnCwPF/corsaexhaust.jpg

Curr 03-31-2024 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideWithDanger (Post 11414656)

Stock NPP open – 94.0 db

Corsa closed – 97.5 db

Corsa open – 108.4 db

Oh boy, that changes things... thank you for the update.

WhiteMale 04-01-2024 02:16 PM

I wanted a Corsa but seems exorbitantly priced.

GreyGhost702 04-01-2024 04:23 PM

Stainless Works Redline NPP is an amazing muffler for its price point. I am super happy with mine. Valves closed is very tame, can barely hear the exhaust in the cabin. Particularly cruising. Still sounds great outside. Valves open, it's definitely on. I'm excited to hear this thing chop when a cam goes in. Doing a BTR 220 with 1 7/8" LT headers. Will be catless until I get the HF cats down the muffler shop. Stainless Works Redline has a very sexy tone. Back in the Mustang days for me, I would've cut someone for a pair of Corsa's. But I haven't liked the way they sound on the Gen 5 LT's, yes they are loud but they blare and rasp something fierce under load. I don't get that with the Stainless Works stuff. The Legend series is truly deep, but I wanted a touch more volume. Not knocking Corsa's, it's just a preference.

Summit20171SS 04-01-2024 09:01 PM

I have the Corsa Extreme catback and absolutey love it! No drone on the highway cruising and loud as hell with WOT

Joshinator99 04-01-2024 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RideWithDanger (Post 11414367)
I will throw AWE Touring into the ring here. No NPP functionality but its way cheaper than Corsa, and doesn't drone or sound obnoxious when cruising like MBRP. Not to mention its the best sound for these cars IMO.

Agreed! Another vote for the AWE. Best tips out there too.

WhiteMale 04-02-2024 07:07 AM

AWE's 4.5" dual chrome tips are quite nice but after two years they were flaking and peeling. Not recommended. After those I only use polished 409 or similar. No more plating or coatings.