Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   :( (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407924)

firedrop 05-11-2015 07:16 PM

:(

let my brother borrow my car because his broke down and he had to get to work for a few days..

he ends up driving over a median, and calls a friend to tow the car off the median because the wheels are off the ground..

need a new bumper and heatshields(theyre torn up and keep rattling) underneath.. i think i got extremely lucky as far as the damage goes, i just drove it around the block a few times and it rides okay but the bumper is ****ed and it has rattling sounds underneath.. don't think the exhaust is leaking though which is good

also, the gas gauge seems to be stuck at 3/4 tank on the dash.. is it possible the fuel sensor got damaged by the median? is the sensor in the gas tank?

guess ill get it up on a lift somehow and see what the real extent of the damage is

Bizaro 05-11-2015 07:28 PM

unless youre sleeping with them never ever let anyone borrow your car.

1Coopgt 05-11-2015 07:35 PM

Hope your brother is paying for all the repairs .

Nobody drives my car .

firedrop 05-11-2015 07:45 PM

yeah i never let anyone else drive my car, figured i'd help my brother out by letting him be able to get to work

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Coopgt (Post 8415239)
Hope your brother is paying for all the repairs .

Nobody drives my car .

he is

Whoomba 05-11-2015 07:53 PM

I don't loan tools. Had too many bad experiences. People that don't have don't take care of things. My experience anyway. I would just laugh if you asked to borrow the Camaro.

pyroguy 05-11-2015 07:57 PM

Glad to hear he at least has insurance that is going to take care of it. Hopefully he's paid his insurance premiums. Good luck and don't forget to laugh at him next time he asks to borrow a car.

pickwithaustin 05-11-2015 07:59 PM

His insurance should be paying, make sure he files a claim.

With rental cars being so darned cheap these days, I'm not sure why people don't just tell borrower's to go get a rental car; borrow from the professional car loaners, after all.

Homeless Man 05-11-2015 08:05 PM

And how did he manage to drive onto median? Tf was he doing

PalmerGA 05-12-2015 05:30 AM

A couple of weeks ago, my grand daughter (18) asked if she and her date (17 year old redneck) could borrow my car for their senior prom night. I said, "Well, let's go take a look at your car" (a '06 Civic that grandma bought her 1-1/2 years ago).

After pointing out the cracked tail light, the scrape down the side, the piece of inside fender well hanging loose, dent in the hood from some ass sitting on it, and the horrendous amount of junk (empty soda cups, clothes, shoes, burger wrappers, etc.) in the back seat and passenger's front... I asked her "Now, what do you think my answer is?".

She calmly replied, "So that's a no?".

I'm still laughing over the fact that she would even ask. :sm0:

sbubbaklein 05-12-2015 07:30 AM

no body takes as good of care of your stuff as you do. Never loan anything that you don't mind getting returned messed up.
Of course the number one item to never loan out is your motorcycle!

IWANTA(ss) 05-12-2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbubbaklein (Post 8415977)
Of course the number one item to never loan out is your motorcycle!

Learned this lesson the hard way. 5 years later still waiting on my money. :mad0259::stupid:

its a syn 05-12-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalmerGA (Post 8415870)
A couple of weeks ago, my grand daughter (18) asked if she and her date (17 year old redneck) could borrow my car for their senior prom night. I said, "Well, let's go take a look at your car" (a '06 Civic that grandma bought her 1-1/2 years ago).

After pointing out the cracked tail light, the scrape down the side, the piece of inside fender well hanging loose, dent in the hood from some ass sitting on it, and the horrendous amount of junk (empty soda cups, clothes, shoes, burger wrappers, etc.) in the back seat and passenger's front... I asked her "Now, what do you think my answer is?".

She calmly replied, "So that's a no?".

I'm still laughing over the fact that she would even ask. :sm0:

This is getting filed away for the near future of my grandkids driving!

MR.Sarge 05-12-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizaro (Post 8415220)
unless youre sleeping with them never ever let anyone borrow your car.

:word: