Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are you done modding your Camaro? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365076)

Angrybird 12 06-23-2014 09:08 AM

Are you done modding your Camaro?

Well I haven't done any mods to my car for a few months now and as far as I know there is nothing else I want to do to it. Unless someone comes out with some," I gotta have it " mod I like.
How about anyone else?

Green Machine 06-23-2014 09:10 AM

I'm done till next summer or even later for now lol.

Rainbow1616 06-23-2014 09:30 AM

Are you Ever Really done? I doubt I will ever be done. There's Always "and One Last Thing"

I haven't even made the first Payment yet and I have put over 2K in already...oops

pickwithaustin 06-23-2014 09:33 AM

I get a little confused sometimes when I read on here people saying that they don't believe in modifying their cars. I guess maybe in today's society it may seem strange to some. People buy cars these days, drive them to rack up miles, then turn them back in (lease or trade in) to get the newer year model. That's okay on your daily driver's I suppose. Perhaps for many, the Camaro is their daily driver and that's fine also.

Back in the day, before we (when we were teens) had video games and computers and what not, our cars meant everything. From those of you who're older, how many remember Saturday afternoon in the drive way with your friends hot rodding your car? I mean, back then, it was a given. It was a lot easier to do, also, by the way. We'd be bolting on headers, or changing out a carb, installing a hot race cam, and etc.

I don't think, in that state of mind, that we're ever really "done" with the modifying. There's always something you can do. It may be mechanical, it may be cosmetic. We make our cars our own. For those that prefer not to, that's okay too... But sometimes I find it odd that people question it or think it's uncalled for. For those, I think they'll just never understand the hot rod mentality.

dcarlos55 06-23-2014 09:42 AM

I don't think there is ever a completely done car. There will always be that "one more thing".

PalmerGA 06-23-2014 09:45 AM

I'm pretty happy with the minor mods I've done so far (see below). Currently trying to come up with an exterior paint scheme now - nothing overpowering, just tastefully unique. When my warranty runs out I'll be looking at headers, a mild cam, and a good tune... but that's still a ways off. Patience.

rich3fan 06-23-2014 09:46 AM

I'm just getting started.

jrhagen 06-23-2014 09:47 AM

Mods are done, now it is just replacing parts that break.

gpskinzhut 06-23-2014 09:57 AM

It's never done.

BLU DUCE 06-23-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 7765878)
Well I haven't done any mods to my car for a few months now and as far as I know there is nothing else I want to do to it. Unless someone comes out with some," I gotta have it " mod I like.
How about anyone else?

:iono:Far as I'm concerned it's done.:pound:

2012-1822 06-23-2014 10:07 AM

Want more power.

KaBoom1701 06-23-2014 10:10 AM

1LE suspension plus IPF supercharger then I'm done. I swear. Lol

rtcat600man 06-23-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 7765878)
How about anyone else?

:word:

I am always looking for more stuff to do, but my entire wish list, want list, need list have been completed. Time to enjoy my Camaro for what it is and wait for my next one down the road.

benji276289 06-23-2014 10:23 AM

Very few inexpensive mods are anything but decorative. The more expensive performance mods only tend to inflate the ego of the owner because nobody really knows what your car is capable of other than you. It's akin to flushing your hard earned dollars down the tubes. I've done a few decorative mods and I am satisfied.