Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   C7 gets a lot of attention (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343856)

JIM D 02-23-2014 02:23 PM

C7 gets a lot of attention

We took our stingray to a local car show Saturday and naturally she was a big hit, I recommend everyone do this at least once. Lots of fun, great group of people and conversation. We had lunch with a large group of fellow vette owners and that included a couple of beers. When we were driving home, two patrol men in a police car stopped us, but when I put down the window they only wanted to look over the car and ask me a lot of questions about the C7. Whew! They were great, like two kids on Christmas morning. It was a great ending to a great car show. Drive safely and have fun. Jim.

C7Driver 02-23-2014 03:23 PM

Yes, the Stingray is a real rock star. You'll get attention just fueling it up. I have two friends with new Stingrays and each reports talking with interested strangers everywhere they go. :thumb:

purpleRac3r 02-23-2014 04:50 PM

Very true! Every time I stop anywhere for gas or even just a soda, I get at least one person, usually several, stopping to look at the car. So far, all the comments have been positive, and almost everyone tells me its the first C7 they've seen (come in, people - drive yours more!). I still get thumbs-up and cell photos taken regularly on the road. And this has been happening to me since early October! It's a spectacular car.

1KUIKC7 02-24-2014 01:15 PM

DITTO!!

pat123 02-24-2014 04:32 PM

:needpics:

OperativeXIV 02-24-2014 08:50 PM

For those that say they get a lot of questions about the C7, what kind of questions do you get? Are they questions about the drivetrain specifications, or questions about the cup holders?

Steven Bell 02-24-2014 08:56 PM

I get the same thing, Jim. I take my C7 to a local car show here in Kansas City. It's the car everyone wants their picture taken with.

1KUIKC7 02-24-2014 09:50 PM

Yeah, I gotta take more pics of mine. After all she is much prettier than me!! :lol:

Stingray 02-25-2014 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OperativeXIV (Post 7448288)
For those that say they get a lot of questions about the C7, what kind of questions do you get? Are they questions about the drivetrain specifications, or questions about the cup holders?

Basically, the general public is just in awe to see one live up close... and most are not well versed with the minutia and C7 details so common questions are: Is that the new Corvette? How many horsepower? How much did it cost?

And common remarks are: Wow it looks like a Ferarri! The tail lights look better in person, I like it! Awesome car! OMG this is cool in & out!

And then they take phone pics. So yup... the C7 is an autocelebrity. :D