Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Very unhappy with my Camaro right now (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328228)

seminolejon 11-14-2013 07:32 PM

Very unhappy with my Camaro right now

For the second time in 6 months my car had to be towed to the dealership. At a stop light it started running really rough, the engine light came on, the DIC read "! Reduced Engine Power", and there was a strong smell of gasoline. I tried to drive forward a bit but car wouldn't go more than about 5 mph. Dealership told me blown fuel filter or gasket or something like that.
Will try to get full story tomorrow. Service guy didn't really want to say much on the phone, he did say that "sometimes things just happen". That didn't sit too well with me at 27k miles and still owe $10k on it.

Anyone else hear of anything like this?

mat300z 11-14-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seminolejon (Post 7187250)
For the second time in 6 months my car had to be towed to the dealership. At a stop light it started running really rough, the engine light came on, the DIC read "! Reduced Engine Power", and there was a strong smell of gasoline. I tried to drive forward a bit but car wouldn't go more than about 5 mph. Dealership told me blown fuel filter or gasket or something like that.
Will try to get full story tomorrow. Service guy didn't really want to say much on the phone, he did say that "sometimes things just happen". That didn't sit too well with me at 27k miles and still owe $10k on it.

fuel line came off the filter maybe :iono:

tmcclint 11-14-2013 07:39 PM

Man that sucks... keep us posted on what the cause was. Definitely not cool!

Dznts 11-14-2013 07:40 PM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70

might try looking around in this section

omgitsmikeyC 11-14-2013 07:56 PM

Any mods to the car? sound like the same thing a buddy had happen when his oxygen sensor crapped out after headers install. The fuel smell was because it went super rich because the fuel air ratio went to crap without the o2 working.

PalmerGA 11-14-2013 07:58 PM

I had the exact same thing happen on my 2012 1LT when I was on a trip. I limped into a local dealership and the had me out of there in about an hour. It was some sort of known sensor problem somewhere in the fuel system. The service guy seemed to know just what the problem was as I described it to him. Sorry I can't recall the exact name of the problem.

AdamEL 11-14-2013 09:16 PM

Whoa, that sucks... I'm sure they'll get you all fixed up.

SnoopyAce7 11-14-2013 09:29 PM

I remember there were a couple V6's on here that went into "Limp Mode". I forget what they said caused it but I'll try to find the thread.

oldfriend 11-14-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

It happen to me at about 2 weeks into ownership , called OnStar ,was told to turn the engine off , then restart it , and that the light would stay on but was good to drive , and that after ( I think ) 2 cold start it would go away

And it did

A couple weeks after , it happen again , called them back , advised to take it to the dealer for service , two sensors where not (talking to each other )
Never happen again

Aubrey64 11-14-2013 10:01 PM

That really sucks. Keep us posted

gutterball 11-14-2013 10:33 PM

That happened to me when I accidentally put in it wrong gear. Limping towards the dealer, it cleared itself after about 10 mins of driving.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 11-15-2013 07:28 PM

Hello Seminolejon,

I understand why you would be concerned over this issue you are experiencing. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to you. If you would like us to look into this further private message us your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Jonathan A. (Assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Dyk-NO 11-15-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

This happened to me a year ago, worst is that my car just shutdowns on turning. Really scares me, as it happens a lot and there's a lot of blaming me from my dealer for what had happened until a service rep from here helped out and called my dealer personally to take my car in to get it serviced. I literally left my car at their lot and called the bank that I'm not continuing payment for a lemon and told the dealership the same thing. But they eventually serviced my car and they found that it's a busted wiring in the steering column that causes the cel and the engine power loss,

I've seen this happen to a lot of forum members and I think this should be addressed in a larger scale.

seminolejon 11-17-2013 10:40 AM

Official description on invoice:

"L RAIL PRESSURE DROPPING IMMEDIATELY AFTER ENGINE SHUT OFF. CYLINDER 5 INJECTOR STUCK OPEN. REMOVED UPPER PLENUM. REMOVED HIGH PRESSURE LINE, FUEL RAIL AND 3 INJECTORS."

"REPLACED CYLINDER 5 INJECTOR AND INSTALLED NEW SEALS ON OTHER 2 INJECTORS. REINSTALLED FUEL RAIL. INSTALLED NEW FUEL LINE AND NEW UPPER PLENUM GASKET. PERFORMED LOF. CLEARED AND TEST DROVE. SYSTEM OPERATING AS DESIGNED".

So car drives great now. Still not happy that it has been towed twice since i've owned it. Slightly embarrassing.