CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What Other Racing Options Are There? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328083)

The_Blur 11-13-2013 07:50 PM

What Other Racing Options Are There?

I've been thinking about what kind of racing we tend to do as Camaro enthusiasts, and it's pretty limited. We tend to do traditional drag racing, a little road racing, and a little autocross. I haven't seen Camaros doing a lot of drifting, although I'm guessing no one wants to throw out their sticky tires and IRS for a drift setup.

Has anyone here engaged in other non-traditional racing? What kinds of races have you entered? :discuss:

Brian 1LE SS 11-13-2013 09:08 PM

I do a lot of autox. In northern Ca. We have a huge autox community and the racing is very diverse. Some autox up to 130mph or as slow as 40. We run on surfaces with bad grip to concrete with crazy grip. I love it and wish I could do it everyday.

MikeSVX 11-14-2013 10:20 AM

Camaro Drift

1 Attachment(s)
There's been a drift carmaro for a while now.

SSE 4 2SS 11-14-2013 11:07 AM

Land speed racing... I've been doing the standing mile event here in Texas, and I'm hoping to sign up for some open road racing.. Big Bend ORR, the Silver State Classic... I'm also headed to (in the next year or two) the Michigan Mile, the Ohio Mile, the Mojave Mile and the big one, the Loring Land Speed in Limestone Maine.

KMK454 11-14-2013 06:32 PM

Hill climbs.

Dyk-NO 11-14-2013 06:44 PM

There had been a couple of teams in the Formula D alone that used a 5th gen as a platform. Havent seen a hillclimb yet though.

72MachOne99GT 11-14-2013 09:06 PM

Idle drags....fun for car shows.never done it...would like to try

The_Blur 11-14-2013 09:15 PM

Is there a rally style of racing for the Camaro? I know WRC is all 4-bangers.

trademaster 11-14-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 7187559)
Is there a rally style of racing for the Camaro? I know WRC is all 4-bangers.

You mean like road rally? Off-road type rally would not suit the camaro at all. The Camaro is pretty large and heavy even for road rally, but might be able to fit into some classes. Targa rally would be doable, though I wouldn't expect to compete with some of the smaller platforms because of the nature of the race. Lighter RWD and AWD cars typically dominate, but you could still have a ton of fun. Targa Newfoundland is the only one in North America that I know of.

The_Blur 11-19-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trademaster (Post 7187645)
You mean like road rally? Off-road type rally would not suit the camaro at all. The Camaro is pretty large and heavy even for road rally, but might be able to fit into some classes. Targa rally would be doable, though I wouldn't expect to compete with some of the smaller platforms because of the nature of the race. Lighter RWD and AWD cars typically dominate, but you could still have a ton of fun. Targa Newfoundland is the only one in North America that I know of.

I'm more interested in the fun factor than anything. I just want to get a Camaro and do something different. This is more of a brainstorm than anything.