Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Adam's Products (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296345)

mbd314 05-18-2013 09:25 PM

Adam's Products

I first started using Zaino products in 2006, and although I was always super happy with the results, it was just a time consuming process.

A week ago I got a '13 ZL1, Black. I wasn't really looking forward to the detailing process so I started doing some reading on here. After taking the plunge of purchasing Adam's products, and just today detailing, I am SO happy that I switched. Like I said, always happy with Zaino products, just time consuming.

Adam's products (and AWESOME how-to videos) made the process so smooth (literally) and just enjoyable! I was so impressed with the outcome! I think the quality of everything is top notch and the end result is worth every penny! Now, if I can just get rid of the darn pollen for the season we'll be good go!

Thank you all for your continued knowledge and input on this forum, it is invaluable! :biggrin:

Frid 05-19-2013 01:44 AM

:thumbup:
Adam's are the only products I use now.

WiSSDiver 05-19-2013 08:00 AM

Very partial to them myself, but there are others out there than can get the job done.

That said, most everything in my arsenal has an Adams logo on it

Beer Thirty 05-19-2013 08:58 AM

I used to use Surf City, but switched to Adams. I am sure there are other great products out there. Adams is all I use now. Another great product I just picked up is the Metro Vac. Best car vacuum I have ever used, also American made.

MR 45TH 05-19-2013 10:19 AM

Adams is the only way to go!!

vandervortadam 05-19-2013 12:08 PM

On a black car use 2 coats of mss and brilliant glaze and then americana or patriot and it turns out awsome. Just got done with mine after 2 weeks of work. Will post pictures soon. Looks awsome. Still wet paint look.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

KJ2SS 05-19-2013 09:00 PM

When people stop me at the gas station and say "wow I have never seen such a shiny black car before..." That makes me keep going back to Adams. Adams is unique in the fact that they appeal to the novice detailer and the hardcore detailing vets. I've said it before, Adams is a one stop shop where you know you're going to get a high quality product every time. The products are super easy to use and all work well together.

A lot of people don't have the time or money to try every different product that may or may not outperform Adams. It's nice to go there and know you'll be happy every time.

Adams doesn't have a cult following for nothing:happy0180:

Blues45th 05-19-2013 09:06 PM

Can a vendor close to Dunedin Florida please pm me.

trm2 05-20-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues45th (Post 6564353)
Can a vendor close to Dunedin Florida please pm me.

it looks like the closest Adam's dealer to you is in Fort Myers.

Blues45th 05-20-2013 06:39 AM

Ok thanks. The last time I asked there was one about 30 minutes north of me. All good. Still next day service. So any suggestions for the carbon flash metallic paint. I have already done a full correction on it so I'm just looking to maintain and keep that nice clean deep look. Also some suggestions on the trim parts. Vrt?

Lil' Nasty 05-20-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues45th (Post 6565329)
Ok thanks. The last time I asked there was one about 30 minutes north of me. All good. Still next day service. So any suggestions for the carbon flash metallic paint. I have already done a full correction on it so I'm just looking to maintain and keep that nice clean deep look. Also some suggestions on the trim parts. Vrt?

SVRT would be great for your trim. Now if you're still using Adams and you've done all your correction I would use the super sealant, brilliant glaze then wax of your choosing.

CamaroDreams07 05-20-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blues45th (Post 6565329)

Blackfire Wet Diamond topped with Pete's 53 or Blackfire Midnight Sun wax.

For trim, you want Ultima Tire And Trim Guard Plus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Adam's Polishes 05-20-2013 09:50 AM

Thank you for your business and the kind words!

Blues45th 05-21-2013 04:30 AM

I want something to bring the trim back to black without it washing off or streaking like other products after application and to getting a little wet.