Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What's your opinion of putting a SS Bumper on a LS/LT (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230923)

SFcamaro 06-15-2012 04:02 PM

What's your opinion of putting a SS Bumper on a LS/LT

What's your opinion of putting a SS Bumper on a LS/LT

awfarley 06-15-2012 04:04 PM

Do it. Just don't badge your car with the wrong badge for any reason.

Not even to make an SS a "sleeper".

It's dumb.

invaderzim 06-15-2012 04:08 PM

as long as you're not going to put badges on it... but why bother with the ss front? go better. maybe a zl1 or some aftermarket? I just think there are much better options than the ss front to make it your own.

angie7 06-15-2012 04:11 PM

No fake badges its cool.

Mister-Camaro 06-15-2012 04:12 PM

get the ZL1 front bumper

justa25thTA 06-15-2012 04:13 PM

don't do it. don't put a zl1 on a ss either.

suplex 06-15-2012 04:14 PM

I must be rare in feeling this way, but if I had an SS (I have a 1LT), I would want an LS/LT front bumper on mine. I actually don't like the "mail slot". Maybe other than to put a flashing scanner in it (like K.I.T.T. had on Knight Rider) but other than that I like the look of no cut out in the bumper.

To answer your question though, if you like it then I would do it. I just agree with people in here not to use any SS badges.

invaderzim 06-15-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suplex (Post 5133630)
I must be rare in feeling this way, but if I had an SS (I have a 1LT), I would want an LS/LT front bumper on mine. I actually don't like the "mail slot". Maybe other than to put a flashing scanner in it (like K.I.T.T. had on Knight Rider) but other than that I like the look of no cut out in the bumper.

To answer your question though, if you like it then I would do it. I just agree with people in here not to use any SS badges.

yea the problem most have with the ls/lt bumper is the rounded bottom. just doesn't make the car look aggressive. at all.

SuperSport2011 06-15-2012 04:18 PM

It'll look better

Infinite-T 06-15-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invaderzim (Post 5133659)
yea the problem most have with the ls/lt bumper is the rounded bottom. just doesn't make the car look aggressive. at all.

That would be the reason I would put an SS bumper on, Then you could get a nice splitter to go with it. but I also hate the fake mail slot.

Blitz 06-15-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfarley (Post 5133566)
Do it. Just don't badge your car with the wrong badge for any reason.

Not even to make an SS a "sleeper".

It's dumb.

Seriously.

:troll:

kjkjr27 06-15-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invaderzim (Post 5133659)

I def agree with that. That is one of the things I dont like about the v6 front bumper. i thought about getting a splitter for mine but slanted bottom all splitters on it look stupid. I really like the mailslot on the ss though. But I especially absolutely LOVE how the ZL1 bumper is. I am hopping to one day save up enough to buy one.

angie7 06-15-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

I didnt like it either but it grew on me.

blackswan 06-15-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Rare but not alone bro!