CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Will The 6TH Gen See 650-700HP (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287772)

OldScoolCamaro 09-24-2013 10:08 PM

..I say no ....for now, thats Corvette territorty for the forseable future until we get the lowdown on the LS6/LS7 and ZR1 models. We'll get a better picture from there.

danl 10-05-2013 09:20 PM

I hope the 6th gen will get a v-8.
its all based on the alpha, and the ATS does not have a v-8 at all, just a TTv-6 as their top of the line. ( I went to GM Cadillac web site for 2014, and that is the top engine. . only 4 bangers, and 2 v-6 models.
So we may not get the v-8 option at all. It may just be a pipe dream.
DAM CAFE, and Obama. has nothing with us finding oil on US soil. the government has a hair stuck up their ass to get rid of all big engines. In past years, smaller motors was the answer to the oil scare, now, its not even that, its big brother just flexing its muscles to make everyone in the 'free world' do their bidding.
at this, I even wish they would bring back a decent 5.0, and that could work well with the smaller, lighter, more nimble camaro.
I believe that day will come, when the mighty vette will have to lose its v-8. the manufacturer car wars will continue with smaller 4 bangers, as v-8 will be long gone, and possibly, the v-6 too. I think a v-6 would live on, as a truck engine, since they have to haul some heavy loads. a 4 banger would certainly not do well pulling heavy loads.

Bhobbs 10-05-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danl (Post 7067126)
I hope the 6th gen will get a v-8.
its all based on the alpha, and the ATS does not have a v-8 at all, just a TTv-6 as their top of the line. ( I went to GM Cadillac web site for 2014, and that is the top engine. . only 4 bangers, and 2 v-6 models.
So we may not get the v-8 option at all. It may just be a pipe dream.
DAM CAFE, and Obama. has nothing with us finding oil on US soil. the government has a hair stuck up their ass to get rid of all big engines. In past years, smaller motors was the answer to the oil scare, now, its not even that, its big brother just flexing its muscles to make everyone in the 'free world' do their bidding.
at this, I even wish they would bring back a decent 5.0, and that could work well with the smaller, lighter, more nimble camaro.
I believe that day will come, when the mighty vette will have to lose its v-8. the manufacturer car wars will continue with smaller 4 bangers, as v-8 will be long gone, and possibly, the v-6 too. I think a v-6 would live on, as a truck engine, since they have to haul some heavy loads. a 4 banger would certainly not do well pulling heavy loads.

The Alpha fits a V8.

JusticePete 10-10-2013 07:53 PM

The Alpha chassis was designed to accommodate a V8 and you'll see it in the Alpha CTS-V. I do find it interesting that there are so many thinking the V8 is a thing of the past. The LT V8 will be with GM products for at least the production cycle of the just released trucks, C7 and coming SUVs. When the 6th Gen rolls out, there are numerous engine options available - turbo 4, V6 NA, V6 TT and of course a range of V8s. Listening to the rumor mills there is a 427 headed into the C7 Z06. With the 6th Gen Camaro production cycle two year or so behind the others the LT will be with us for 7 or 8 years ata minimum.

What I hear GM saying is that the V8 isn't going away, but the price of a V8 powered vehicle will be going up.

hockeylover86 10-11-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8 (Post 6552206)
Who knows if Ford will stay with superchargers? Everyone may go with turbo in the future as it is more efficient

Its been discussed over on the Ford boards that they won't use the superchargers anymore and will move toward turbos.

The reason given is packaging.

The new Mustang is supposed to be a "global" car, and to do so it must pass European pedestrian collision regulations. The supercharger engine package is too tall to meet this standard.

Bhobbs 10-11-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 7082878)
The Alpha chassis was designed to accommodate a V8 and you'll see it in the Alpha CTS-V. I do find it interesting that there are so many thinking the V8 is a thing of the past. The LT V8 will be with GM products for at least the production cycle of the just released trucks, C7 and coming SUVs. When the 6th Gen rolls out, there are numerous engine options available - turbo 4, V6 NA, V6 TT and of course a range of V8s. Listening to the rumor mills there is a 427 headed into the C7 Z06. With the 6th Gen Camaro production cycle two year or so behind the others the LT will be with us for 7 or 8 years ata minimum.

What I hear GM saying is that the V8 isn't going away, but the price of a V8 powered vehicle will be going up.

I like the sound of those rumor mills.

OldScoolCamaro 10-12-2013 08:53 PM

...we have not seen the hand to be played by the C7 'Vette yet. So, we must stand pat until that time. In my heart of hearts in future speculation I say no.