CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Wish list for things to change on 6th generation 2016 Camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268201)

Mr. Wyndham 01-19-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6056953)
The current camaro is not a bad looking car but the interior,trunk and huge blind spots are nothing to write home about.

I see you drive an 02...I wanted to comment without trying to discredit your opinions....

The interior of this gen car is at least as good or better than the Mustang's unimaginative one. I really enjoy it, and it's impressed every person that's sat inside, to date...some even saying "wow, this is REALLY nice..."

The trunk is VERY functional (ask me how I got a 10x10 tent in there), the opening was just a little on the small side

The blind spots don't exist if you adjust the mirrors properly...And the parts of the car that make it look so awesome contribute to that visibility thing: you can't have one without loosing the other.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as you said earlier...but based on your comments, I can't help but wonder if you've ever driven one?

The Stig 01-19-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6056174)
I know a lot of speculation about what and when but a few hints for the developers of the new Camaro.
I really don't care if it will be retro or modern to attract the fast and furious crowd as long as the new Camaro will be lighter,good looking and has a better outward visibility than the current version !
The current car has to many practical diusadvantages due to the slightly cartoonish design that unfortunately is not as clean as the origional.
I hope those mistakes won't be repeated !
I also hope the new one will also get a practical hatchback with a useful trunk.
Good visibility for lane changing,parking and putting the car on the track !
Analog gauges !
An LT1 V8 with 450 hp and 3400 lbs max.
Please a button to deactivate cylinder deactivation...:D
Good mpg is great but please not at the expense of no V-8 sound at low rpm...
And keep it affordable.
Around $35K for the V-8 version !
The new one can't come soon enough...:thumbup:
If you go the retro route the first,70 Z-28 and 89 IROC are still the better looking Camaros of all time.
I still would love to drive an 88-89 IROC with better build quality,better brakes,IRS and LS-3 engine !
Better looking than gen4 and gen5 and more practical to boot !
Bring IROC back to stir up the interest...:headbang:

And you want all of that priced at $35,000

:bellyroll:

Mr. Wyndham 01-19-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6057098)
Mr Wyndham I wholeheartedly agree with your 1st post.
I would by this Camaro,too !
But I don't need AFM or if it should be able to be deactivated for people who don't like to sacrifice good V-8 sound for 2mpg...
Yes I testdrove the new SS when it came out in 2010 with my tongue hanging out and money in my hand.
But after the testdrive I was very disappointed because of the lack of visibility...
The missing hatchback sealed the deal for me as reason to hang on to my gen4...
With the new for 013 backup camera I might give it a second chance but quick lane changes are still scary...

The good news with regards to AFM is...they've improved its operation significantly compared to the current system...and there is a button in the new Corvette that lets drivers turn it off. It's part of that driver mode selector I mentioned...I would hope they'd include that in a performance-minded Camaro, too. :)

Quick lane-changes?? Be aware, man!! (Or use those ridiculously-long side windows to see what's next to you! ;)

wildpaws 01-19-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6057098)
Mr Wyndham I wholeheartedly agree with your 1st post.
I would by this Camaro,too !
But I don't need AFM or if it should be able to be deactivated for people who don't like to sacrifice good V-8 sound for 2mpg...
Yes I testdrove the new SS when it came out in 2010 with my tongue hanging out and money in my hand.
But after the testdrive I was very disappointed because of the lack of visibility...
The missing hatchback sealed the deal for me as reason to hang on to my gen4...
With the new for 013 backup camera I might give it a second chance but quick lane changes are still scary...

Rest assured that a hatchback would be a deal breaker for me! Bigger trunk? I will not be buying a Camaro for it's trunk size, I'm looking for a great performance vehicle, if I need to carry more than what will fit in the trunk I've got a Blazer and a 2500 Express van. Bring back IROC? Do you really want to bring back a model name based on a racing series that no longer exists? Not to mention that when IROC's assets were sold at auction a couple of years ago, I think someone (not GM/Chevy) did pick up the IROC name rights.
Clyde

LED Crazy 01-19-2013 02:28 PM

Functional vents. No more cosmetic vents that do not do anything but allow us to put a scanner bar in it.

The IOM Ninja 01-19-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6057056)
I see you drive an 02...I wanted to comment without trying to discredit your opinions....

The interior of this gen car is at least as good or better than the Mustang's unimaginative one. I really enjoy it, and it's impressed every person that's sat inside, to date...some even saying "wow, this is REALLY nice..."

The trunk is VERY functional (ask me how I got a 10x10 tent in there), the opening was just a little on the small side

The blind spots don't exist if you adjust the mirrors properly...And the parts of the car that make it look so awesome contribute to that visibility thing: you can't have one without loosing the other.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, as you said earlier...but based on your comments, I can't help but wonder if you've ever driven one?

B&*(& please, the only thing with more hard plastic than the Camaro is a Fisher Price Cozy Coupe.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VqRUakwUOj...00/snap_ho.gif

Both cars need an update on the Interior (Camaro Needs the Materials, Mustang Needs the Design [I love both them though])

There is nothing award wining about the Camaro's interior, either car for that matter, that Concept Camaro Interior and Giugario Mustang Interior though :drool:

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Che..._06_int_01.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....ng_1280_17.jpg

wildpaws 01-19-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6057480)
wildpaws for a great performance vehicle the camaro unfoirtunately is too heavy because it was build on a platform used for heavy australian 4-door sedans;zeta.What they did with the 1LE is pretty impressive,though.But imagine how it could have run with 500lbs like the 4th gen?
What is wrong with a decent sized trunk with easy access via hatchback like the Corvette and 3rd/4th gen Camaro?
I thought IROC was a great idea.Same what BMW did with their BoxerCup race series.Put racers in the same cars/motorcycles and let the driver/rider and not the material decide.Makes for exciting racing and generates customer interest !

#1 We are not talking about the 5th gen Camaro, we are talking about the 6th gen Camaro that will be on the smaller and lighter weight Alpha chassis, so I don't understand your point or what you are talking about, the Zeta chassis is irrelevant to this discussion, this is a 6th gen discussion thread. Suppose I don't like hatchbacks, that's what my statement was about, you like hatchbacks, I don't and stated simply that it would be a deal breaker for me. And quite frankly, I've never liked the 3rd/4th gen Camaros from a styling standpoint. Again you missed the point with IROC. Chevy had to pay the owner of the IROC name (which at that point was IROC itself) a fee for each and every IROC Camaro they built, the IROC series is gone, all their assets were sold at auction and Chevy/GM does not own those rights nor can they use the name unless the current IROC name owner makes some sort of arrangement with GM/Chevy.
Clyde

Mr. Wyndham 01-19-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja (Post 6057627)
B&*(& please, the only thing with more hard plastic than the Camaro is a Fisher Price Cozy Coupe.

There is nothing award wining about the Camaro's interior

http://www.v7n.com/forums/attachment...funny_baby.gif

Sometimes I feel we have unrealistically high standards around here...and every time a member of general public sits in my car and there eyes get big, I'm reassured my suspicions are indeed...true.

And the Camaro's interior did, actually...win an award. A pretty big one. ;)
http://www.camaro5.com/camaro-wins-b...t-wardsautocom

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net...108e50645d.gif

**This post was an exercise in animated gifs...I spend approximately 10x the time locating appropriate images, than I did typing this message. :bellyroll: :laugh:

2cnd chance 01-19-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildpaws (Post 6057217)
Rest assured that a hatchback would be a deal breaker for me! Bigger trunk? I will not be buying a Camaro for it's trunk size, I'm looking for a great performance vehicle, if I need to carry more than what will fit in the trunk I've got a Blazer and a 2500 Express van. Bring back IROC? Do you really want to bring back a model name based on a racing series that no longer exists? Not to mention that when IROC's assets were sold at auction a couple of years ago, I think someone (not GM/Chevy) did pick up the IROC name rights.
Clyde

I agree!:drinking:

2cnd chance 01-19-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildpaws (Post 6058127)
#1 We are not talking about the 5th gen Camaro, we are talking about the 6th gen Camaro that will be on the smaller and lighter weight Alpha chassis, so I don't understand your point or what you are talking about, the Zeta chassis is irrelevant to this discussion, this is a 6th gen discussion thread. Suppose I don't like hatchbacks, that's what my statement was about, you like hatchbacks, I don't and stated simply that it would be a deal breaker for me. And quite frankly, I've never liked the 3rd/4th gen Camaros from a styling standpoint. Again you missed the point with IROC. Chevy had to pay the owner of the IROC name (which at that point was IROC itself) a fee for each and every IROC Camaro they built, the IROC series is gone, all their assets were sold at auction and Chevy/GM does not own those rights nor can they use the name unless the current IROC name owner makes some sort of arrangement with GM/Chevy.
Clyde

I agree again! IROC is dead at this point.
:drinking:

parkerss 01-19-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6056174)
I know a lot of speculation about what and when but a few hints for the developers of the new Camaro.
I really don't care if it will be retro or modern to attract the fast and furious crowd as long as the new Camaro will be lighter,good looking and has a better outward visibility than the current version !
The current car has to many practical diusadvantages due to the slightly cartoonish design that unfortunately is not as clean as the origional.
I hope those mistakes won't be repeated !
I also hope the new one will also get a practical hatchback with a useful trunk.
Good visibility for lane changing,parking and putting the car on the track !
Analog gauges !
An LT1 V8 with 450 hp and 3400 lbs max.
Please a button to deactivate cylinder deactivation...:D
Good mpg is great but please not at the expense of no V-8 sound at low rpm...
And keep it affordable.
Around $35K for the V-8 version !
The new one can't come soon enough...:thumbup:
If you go the retro route the first,70 Z-28 and 89 IROC are still the better looking Camaros of all time.
I still would love to drive an 88-89 IROC with better build quality,better brakes,IRS and LS-3 engine !
Better looking than gen4 and gen5 and more practical to boot !
Bring IROC back to stir up the interest...:headbang:

Sounds like you need a Vega...light,fast,hatchback and lots of glass to see out of :P
A Camaro was not designed to haul stuff around in the trunk,it wasnt designed so you could go sight seeing,it wasnt designed to be a world class lightweight super car. AND IT SURE DOESNT LOOK LIKE A CARTOON!! It was designed for the kid in all of us that wants to go fast and have a GREAT looking car....sure it aint perfect...but what is perfect? Shit a Lambo you can barley see out of it.

meissen 01-19-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6057056)

To be fair -- pull into an angled parking spot then attempt to back out and tell me the blind spots don't exist. No matter how much you adjust your mirrors, you are 100% blind when you back out of an angled parking spot. Period.

OK - Unless you're a contortionist.

Or have a 3 foot long neck.

Or can see through metal.

Or installed your own mirrors.

Or installed your own side-view camera system.

Otherwise, you're blind as a bat. I can't tell you how many times I've had to back out of spot thinking "Well, I hope no one is coming... and if they are, I hope they're quick to toot the horn."

I just hope it doesn't have such a high belt line. The side windows are way too small in height. With no t-tops, the 5th gen hard top will always be a second choice cruiser with my '94 Camaro being first choice. "Cruising" on a warm weather summer day with the portholes-passing-for-windows is absolutely no comparison to being able to pop t-tops off in my 4th gen and REALLY cruise. Sadly, unless they went with a targa top I don't think I'll ever be able to own a hardtop Camaro again - convertible versions only moving forward.

Nitroman28 01-19-2013 09:14 PM

I don't have Problem backing up. Like the car just like it is. Wife uses it as a DD and has no problems.

Mr. Wyndham 01-19-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meissen (Post 6058634)
I just hope it doesn't have such a high belt line. The side windows are way too small in height. With no t-tops, the 5th gen hard top will always be a second choice cruiser with my '94 Camaro being first choice. "Cruising" on a warm weather summer day with the portholes-passing-for-windows is absolutely no comparison to being able to pop t-tops off in my 4th gen and REALLY cruise. Sadly, unless they went with a targa top I don't think I'll ever be able to own a hardtop Camaro again - convertible versions only moving forward.

I agree on the hope for the beltline, and about the convertibles...

And you have a point when pulling out of parking spots...but my Cobalt is no better when looking to the left, so I've gotten used to it, I suppose. Hopes, prayers.....or park somewhere else. :bellyroll:

The IOM Ninja 01-19-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham (Post 6058199)
http://www.v7n.com/forums/attachment...funny_baby.gif

Sometimes I feel we have unrealistically high standards around here...and every time a member of general public sits in my car and there eyes get big, I'm reassured my suspicions are indeed...true.

And the Camaro's interior did, actually...win an award. A pretty big one. ;)
http://www.camaro5.com/camaro-wins-b...t-wardsautocom

http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net...108e50645d.gif

**This post was an exercise in animated gifs...I spend approximately 10x the time locating appropriate images, than I did typing this message. :bellyroll: :laugh:

God, I know how that is bro :sm0:

06_warrior 01-20-2013 12:21 AM

The 5th Gen. Camaro being referred to as "Cartoonish" is the first time i've ever heard that. I think it's pretty funny. I love how they made the 5th gen resemble a 1st gen. My favorite Camaro before the 5th gen was my 67 Camaro. I Love the design and style of the 5th gen Camaro. It's "Retro muscle" Old school looks with new technology and advancements. I think it looks way better than a Mustang/Challenger in my opinion.

I've had 1st, 2nd, 3rd and now 5th gen. Camaro's. Never like the 4th gen. too european looking for my taste. My son has a 93 Z28 and it's a nice car but like i said it never really did anything for me.

I agree that visibility is pretty bad when backing up especially when angle parked. The back up camera is awesome to have. It has helped me tremendously.

The windows are a little small but i love the way it makes the car look. It makes it a little more difficult going to a ATM /drive thru etc. but nothing too difficult. I can live with that.

I sure hope the 6th gen. keeps with the similar looks as the current model. No t-tops or hatch back. It needs less weight but keeping similar power. Hopefully along with similar power it will get better gas milage like the C7 Vette will have and i'm sure the next Generation V. LT-1 will be used in the 6th gen. I also hope they will have a 1LE option. Wish i had gotten it when i bought my car but that option wasn't out yet.

My next car will likely be the new C7 Vette but if the 6th gen Camaro is anything better than the current one i just may be persuaded to take a hard look at one.

FINALLYSATISFIED 01-20-2013 01:42 AM

I don't want many things to change but for me I'd like to see, in no particular order:

-HDD capacity Mylink (since you took away CD players)
-Front-end collision sensor (safety option)
-Blind spot sensors in mirrors (safety option)
-Heated steering wheel (option)
-Illuminated buttons for mirror adjustment (standard)
-Glove box compartment light (standard)
-Better fitment for cup holders
-Guide lines being displayed on mylink touch screen when reversing (option for those with back-up Camera)

ssrs396 01-20-2013 09:47 AM

targa,,,,,targa.....targa :D I loved my T-tops on both my silver anniversary trans ams.

90503 01-20-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6060725)
Like I said the reason of my post is to build a better Camaro.
I'm a Camaro enthusiast and love Camaros for what they are.
Fun,affordable,practical,sporty and good looking cars with a strong V8 under the hood.
The farmers Porsche as the germans say...:D
So all constructive criticism !
I really don't care if the 6gen will be modern,edgy and aerodynamic looking like the gen 3 and 4 or retro like the gen5 as look as the design is unique and says Camaro like they always did.
Let me explain what I meant when I described the gen5 as "cartoonish";
The inspiration for the gen5 was the first gen Camaro.
But while the 1gen still looks clean,purposeful and timeless the gen5 looks more like a cartoon of that car.Heavy,with a high beltline,low roof,high rear and huge c-pillars that create huge blindspots and bad visibilty which makes it harder to put the car on the right line on the racetrack,changing lanes,backing up and parallel parking.
A bigger and heavier car compared to the gen4 with a smaller trunk and no hatchback make it less practical in daily life.
The interior has lot of cheap plastic.Of course the gen4 had even more of that cheap stuff like a Mattel Barbie car.
As we know the new C6 will be build on the smaller and lighter Cadillac ATS platform and will have the new LT1 under the hood.Which is good.
I just hope GM fixes the other stuff too to make the new Camaro stylish and good looking but not at the expense of practicality be it trunk or visibility.
That is how I see it and the reason why I havn't upgraded to the gen5,yet,and might wait for gen6...
It's all good...:thumbsup:

Other people drive makes and models of other cars that I would never buy...I'm sure you are not the only one who didn't like the Gen5 Camaro and therefore didn't buy one...

....I'm sure there will be some who won't like the 6th Gen either(and therefor won't buy one)....Like you say, it's all good...lol

The Stig 01-20-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karguy (Post 6060725)
Like I said the reason of my post is to build a better Camaro.
I'm a Camaro enthusiast and love Camaros for what they are.
Fun,affordable,practical,sporty and good looking cars with a strong V8 under the hood.
The farmers Porsche as the germans say...:D
So all constructive criticism !
I really don't care if the 6gen will be modern,edgy and aerodynamic looking like the gen 3 and 4 or retro like the gen5 as look as the design is unique and says Camaro like they always did.
Let me explain what I meant when I described the gen5 as "cartoonish";
The inspiration for the gen5 was the first gen Camaro.
But while the 1gen still looks clean,purposeful and timeless the gen5 looks more like a cartoon of that car.Heavy,with a high beltline,low roof,high rear and huge c-pillars that create huge blindspots and bad visibilty which makes it harder to put the car on the right line on the racetrack,changing lanes,backing up and parallel parking.
A bigger and heavier car compared to the gen4 with a smaller trunk and no hatchback make it less practical in daily life.
The interior has lot of cheap plastic.Of course the gen4 had even more of that cheap stuff like a Mattel Barbie car.
As we know the new C6 will be build on the smaller and lighter Cadillac ATS platform and will have the new LT1 under the hood.Which is good.
I just hope GM fixes the other stuff too to make the new Camaro stylish and good looking but not at the expense of practicality be it trunk or visibility.
That is how I see it and the reason why I havn't upgraded to the gen5,yet,and might wait for gen6...
It's all good...:thumbsup:

meissen 01-20-2013 06:21 PM

PS the "C6" is a Corvette that's already out. C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, and C7 are all Corvette references/terms.

I think you meant the 6th gen.