CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   New and Improved Convertible? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277821)

Jonster 02-18-2013 12:54 PM

New and Improved Convertible?

3 questions:

a) Do you think the convertible will be the same material
b) Do you think they will still have a separate tonneau cover?
c) Would you consider a hard top convertible? (if it were made)

HDRDTD 02-18-2013 12:59 PM

a) yes
b) yes
c) no

v8 02-18-2013 01:13 PM

a) yes
b) Yes
c) possibly

mikeyg36 02-18-2013 02:06 PM

I'd buy a hardtop over a coupe.

jkupa10 02-18-2013 06:20 PM

More than anything I want a built-in hard-cover that makes the car look like it was made to have the top down! (like the corvette)

Mr. iNCREDIBLE 02-18-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkupa10 (Post 6177372)
More than anything I want a built-in hard-cover that makes the car look like it was made to have the top down! (like the corvette)

^^^^^ THIS

IMO WTH is the point of having a convertible if you have to get out and put a cover over the top.

personally I don't unless I am going on a long trip, IMO I should be able to drop top from start point and raise top at end point with any excess work.

a power hard top COVER is what these cars should have had..

dorfmac 02-19-2013 08:56 AM

I would not consider a convertible unless it was a hardtop. I would LOVE to see a hardtop option on the next gen. One reason is it just doesn't look good to me to have, say, a red car, and then a black/cloth top on it. The hardtop would allow you to carry the color throughout.

jkupa10 02-19-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE (Post 6177387)
^^^^^ THIS

IMO WTH is the point of having a convertible if you have to get out and put a cover over the top.

personally I don't unless I am going on a long trip, IMO I should be able to drop top from start point and raise top at end point with any excess work.

a power hard top COVER is what these cars should have had..

I actually used my tonneau cover for the first month I had the car, and then it blew off on the highway.
I haven't used it since.

And I don't like the whole exposed internals look. If they give us a proper power hard cover like the corvette has I will definitely buy a gen6 convertible.

Roll_the_Dice 02-19-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6179627)
I would not consider a convertible unless it was a hardtop. I would LOVE to see a hardtop option on the next gen. One reason is it just doesn't look good to me to have, say, a red car, and then a black/cloth top on it. The hardtop would allow you to carry the color throughout.

I am exact opposite. I would not buy a hardtop convertible. I want a convertible to look like a convertible not a coupe. I also like the color contrast...because we all know the black hoods on the 1LE look horrible. :confused0068: :sm0:

So to answer the OP:

Yes
Yes
No

Angrybird 12 02-19-2013 05:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6179627)

I guess you think mine does not look good then :(

FINALLYSATISFIED 02-19-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 6182009)
I guess you think mine does not look good then :(

Some of us aren't fans of the convertible. I'm not personally, but would be interested in a hardtop. Not knocking your ride but just how I feel.

Angrybird 12 02-19-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED (Post 6182044)
Some of us aren't fans of the convertible. I'm not personally, but would be interested in a hardtop.

You do realize how much more weight a hardtop would add.... Plus it would probably take up every bit of trunk space when down instead of just half like a cloth top...

Roll_the_Dice 02-19-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 6182099)
You do realize how much more weight a hardtop would add.... Plus it would probably take up every bit of trunk space when down instead of just half like a cloth top...

You are right...the convertible weighs enough as it is. I looked a 3 series BMW last year and with the top down there was very little trunk space.

jkupa10 02-19-2013 06:16 PM

Black car + black ragtop + built in black power hard-top = top down perfection

:thumbsup: