CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen 2016 Camaro Speculative Renders (Camaro Performers Magazine) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232115)

GhostRS 06-22-2012 03:06 PM

Really like this concept and looking forward to seeing what Chevrolet makes up with for the 6th gen ;)

HumanWiki 06-22-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 5173298)
:bellyroll: lol...I can't believe you just went there.

So because I own a V6 I must not know a damn thing about performance?

Sorry guys...I'll leave the site now since I'm obviously just a poser here...ya know...with my little V6.

lol Please tell me that was a joke. I'm dropping this before the mods come in and delete my posts which I put some good time and thought into.

Now lets get back to the real topic at hand.

:D

TiE2000 06-22-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc7000 (Post 5173299)
The 6th generation Camaro being lighter is pretty much a done deal, its a big reason why its going on the alpha platform.

The Cadillac ATS (first alpha car) has a stated curb weight of less then 3,400 pounds at least with the 2.5L 197BHP I-4 engine. Also they already stated that the 6th generation Camaro is to use the ATS sedan wheel base, as the ATS coupe will have a shorter wheel base.

Though the 6th generation Camaro is likely to pack the 2.0L turbo engine that produces 272BHP @ 5,500rpms and 260ft-lbs @ 1,700rpms. The current Camaro with the 3.6L LFX engine produces 323BHP and weighs in at 3,750 pounds. 11.6 pounds per horsepower, and if the 6th generation Camaro with the 2.0T engine were to weigh in at 3,400 pounds. It would have a power to weight ratio of 12.5 pounds per horsepower, so not as good as the 5th generation with V-6 engine. However the other .9 pounds per horsepower can be made up in other areas, for example 8 speed automatic and 7 speed DSG gear box. Improved aerodynamics would also go a long way to helping to bridge the gap and also bumping the horsepower of the 2.0T engine. If it produced 290BHP it would have a similar power to weight ratio as the 5th generation LFX V-6 Camaro and add to that 8 and 7 speed transmission. You could produce a 6th generation Camaro that gets better fuel economy, is faster, and much more of a drivers car when compared to the 5th generation car.

Whats to not like, for one some people really like the sound of the LFX V6 engine (I am actually one of them). Some people do not like the sound of I-4 engines even I-4 turbo engines and some see I-4 engines purely as something pedestrian.

From videos of the ATS with the 2.0L turbo I actually like the way that engine sounds and wouldn't mind it. The notion of a Camaro faster then the current V-6 Camaro but can get say 35MPG on the highway I find to be an impressive engineering feat.

Even more so the next generation Camaro with a gen 5 SBC under the hood should also be impressive and I can't wait to see that either.

As much as I like Chevy's 2.0T, I don't see Chevy dropping it into the Camaro... and to be honest I hope not...
I'm gonna call it now.

base - V6
Z28 - V6TT
SS - V8
ZL1 - V8 S/C

(Z28 & SS, can be swapped depending on which one you think is the higher trim)

KMPrenger 06-22-2012 03:40 PM

Not that some may care, but there is some info that ford may drop a 330+ HP/330+ TQ turbo 4 in its next gen base Mustang. That is impressive. Whether its true or not, who knows, but the engine does exist and used in the European market.

If Chevy bumps power to 300+ HP and TQ then I can see them using it in the base Camaro assuming the car is in the 3,400 lb range. Then it will perform very similar if not a bit better than today's V6. Otherwise if the power is lower, or the weight is higher then there will still be reason for a V6 which hopefully will have even more HP than today's 323HP LFX.

If the weight is low and the power of the turbo 4 is 300+ then I really see no reason for a V6 option (as much as I hate to say that because I want to see the V6 return). I do think a TTV6 is a real possibility for sure.

doc7000 06-22-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE2000 (Post 5173455)
As much as I like Chevy's 2.0T, I don't see Chevy dropping it into the Camaro... and to be honest I hope not...
I'm gonna call it now.

base - V6
Z28 - V6TT
SS - V8
ZL1 - V8 S/C

What would be the price points and power levels for the different trim levels?

When you say base V-6 do you mean LFX engine? so 321BHP (as in the alpha ATS).

V6 TT engine? which one as GM has been working on two different turbo V6 engines. One based on the 3.0L engine and another based on the 3.6L engine with the rumored power rating of the 3.6L engine being about 425BHP. In that case what would be the power level of the SS V-8 engine? based on some early data there is a 6.2L 475BHP Gen V engine.

Also its likely that future forced induction V8 engine will be twin turbocharged and not super charged. Seeing that the ATS V might pack a TT V-6 engine its also likely that the Alpha Camaro will pack the same engine.

I honestly would love to see a 5.0L V-8 engine dropped into a Z28 Camaro, would make things interesting. Add to that a 5.0L Hemi Cuda then we could have some real fun.....

tstanfa 06-22-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 5163510)
Yep, its called heritage. I do not see a major redesign coming for 2015. I think this is perfect... still kinda what we have now, but even cooler. They did it with the Mustang. In 2020 they can do a complete redesign.

I think a complete redesign is in the works as the Camaro is moving to a new platform in 2015. This will coincide with about the time frame that the re-designed Mustang comes out. Can't let the Blue Oval Boys get to far ahead of the Bowtie!

Cam#7 06-22-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyYellowPlease (Post 5172558)
So, how far away are we from seeing real pictures? The 5th gen had a concept made by the time the Transformers movie came out (2007). Three years before it's release in 2010.

If it's coming out in 2015, shouldnt they have a concept built already? I wonder when we'll get some real pictures.

The Gen5 concept was shown way early because it wasn't competing against a current production model Camaro.

We're not going to see true Camaro concepts until the next Mustang is close to production or the Gen5 sales go way down.

PYROLYSIS 06-22-2012 04:59 PM

This drawing is ok, but it's not better than the fifth gen and it looks too much like one. I lke the 2nd gen re-hashes better than this though I don't really want the 6th gen to like like a modern 2nd gen. I would like something completely new and different. They could go that direction and stiil make it look like a Camaro.

Fornax 06-22-2012 05:01 PM

I'd buy it. Looks really cool.

BlackMamba88 06-22-2012 05:16 PM

Short, Phat, Wide, & Lighter... That is exactly what I want it to look like, basically a face lift 5th Gen:headbang:
That is so darn sweet, im so glad I held out. I will be selling my Beast Blue Challenger R/T to get that baby.

Hey Taylor, do you know the engine selection? Thanks a lot for making my day a tad better!

LAWMAN 06-22-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 5163361)

If this is what the 2015 is going to look like, sign me up! This is exactly what I imagined. :drool: Smaller, lighter, sleeker...

Attachment 388452

Attachment 388453

Attachment 388454

looks great!...i would buy this car TODAY!

Taintedveins 06-22-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 5173528)
Not that some may care, but there is some info that ford may drop a 330+ HP/330+ TQ turbo 4 in its next gen base Mustang. That is impressive. Whether its true or not, who knows, but the engine does exist and used in the European market.

If Chevy bumps power to 300+ HP and TQ then I can see them using it in the base Camaro assuming the car is in the 3,400 lb range. Then it will perform very similar if not a bit better than today's V6. Otherwise if the power is lower, or the weight is higher then there will still be reason for a V6 which hopefully will have even more HP than today's 323HP LFX.

If the weight is low and the power of the turbo 4 is 300+ then I really see no reason for a V6 option (as much as I hate to say that because I want to see the V6 return). I do think a TTV6 is a real possibility for sure.

Do not doubt what KMPrenger says I have learned a lot from reading his posts. But I personally think with the standards of power and fuel economy going up progressively we will see similar power with better fuel economy. The Gen V engines will be the basis for the rest of the camaro line up unfortunately. Personally if we had a lower displacement twin turbo 6 or a single turbo normal displacement 6 I would be happy. Not to mention if you bump the performance of the 6 alone ford will have to desperately try to keep up. :iono: :drinking:

TaylorRyanSS 06-22-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackMamba88 (Post 5174078)
Short, Phat, Wide, & Lighter... That is exactly what I want it to look like, basically a face lift 5th Gen:headbang:
That is so darn sweet, im so glad I held out. I will be selling my Beast Blue Challenger R/T to get that baby.

Hey Taylor, do you know the engine selection? Thanks a lot for making my day a tad better!

This is just a rendering. Not from GM. All speculation at this point.

Homestar1217 06-22-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 5168541)
The 6th Gen styling language is in these two concepts.

http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/201...x375-99484.jpg
http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/201...x383-99487.jpg

Chevrolet is looking beyond the USA for 6th Gen sales. It will be a global Chevrolet which is good for all Camaro enthusiasts. It means there will be sufficient R & D funding to deliver cars with superior performance to the current 5th Gen.

Smaller
More engine options
Direct Injection
Turbos

No need to panic. The 6th Gen will absolutely have V8 engine options.

That top one is a Chevy version of the last Mitsubishi Eclipse. And the red one has a nice front end but the rest of the car is just uninteresting. Truthfully I see a lot of the new Mazda design language in the grill and lights on that one. If GM is just going to steal other people's designs I'm not interested.

FenwickHockey65 06-22-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE2000 (Post 5173455)
I'm gonna call it now.

base - V6
Z28 - V6TT
SS - V8
ZL1 - V8 S/C

2.0T base engine is basically a done deal.

BlackMamba88 06-22-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 5174278)
This is just a rendering. Not from GM. All speculation at this point.

Aww ok, well I do have faith that it'll look awesome. Now your Camaro is one of the illest Camaros i came across:drool:
I see no need to swap that beauty.

SilverIceman 06-22-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniCamaro (Post 5172506)
Looks like a mustang to me. Thumbs way down!

Exactly my first thought. Put some of those Indy pace car mustang stripes on it and you'd never guess it was a camaro.
Styling needs few changes, weight, suspension and drivetrain do. Let's hope they hit another home run with any changes.

SilverIceman 06-22-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 5174525)
2.0T base engine is basically a done deal.

Let's hope it loses a LOT of weight.

2012ZL1 06-22-2012 07:29 PM

I doubt we'll see V8's in the six gen. Probably top engine will be turbo or blown V6. If there are 8's they would be NA for sure and likely smaller cubes.
They aren't downsizing to go faster, they are downsizing to get better fuel economy.

TaylorRyanSS 06-22-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackMamba88 (Post 5174535)
Aww ok, well I do have faith that it'll look awesome. Now your Camaro is one of the illest Camaros i came across:drool:
I see no need to swap that beauty.

Thanks!

tsnow 06-22-2012 09:18 PM

Whatever they do with the "global" design, they better not forget the Camaro is an American car, an American muscle car, and should not look like a bar of soap or upside down bathtub.
Should have design cues to previous generations, the first gen is the most handsome of those. I like the pics by the OP.

Facts are it will be lighter, on the ATS platform, which base model is under 3400 lbs.
ATS sedan should be in dealerships by fall.
It will have a V8 option, V8s will soon be DI. Debut in 2014 Vette next yr.

Silverlsinva 06-22-2012 09:41 PM

This looks kinda more like a facelift than a total redesign so i dont think that will be anything what it will look like but i do like the rear end pic of the render. I doubt the Z28 will be a TTV6 cause the Z28 is meant to be more a road racing car so u dont want a car that has lag in it. I see more of a higher revving version of the SS motor with a lil more HP up top than down low tq. Just my opinion and speculation.

Mister-Camaro 06-22-2012 10:01 PM

It's actually pretty Damn nice!!!

Baltimorejohn1 06-22-2012 10:32 PM

So I have to have this paid off in two years check!!!! :w00t:

mlee 06-22-2012 10:37 PM

Love it... As long as it's faster than a ZL1 count me in...:thumbsup: