CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   6th Gen 2016 Camaro Speculative Renders (Camaro Performers Magazine) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232115)

austinjames 06-22-2012 01:10 PM

sooo sick looking. Great find

96SS10SS 06-22-2012 01:11 PM

I hope they use that rear end. I'm waiting for the 50th anniversary version.

TaylorRyanSS 06-22-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 5172606)
I'm 22 so if they are marketing those concepts towards me, they failed. But I'm not the average 22 year old, so those designs may work for other people my age.

I am 22 as well, I actually like the 140 concept (the white one) but not for a Camaro. The red one just looks odd IMO.

TiE2000 06-22-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 5172606)
I'm 22 so if they are marketing those concepts towards me, they failed. But I'm not the average 22 year old, so those designs may work for other people my age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 5172626)
I am 22 as well, I actually like the 140 concept (the white one) but not for a Camaro. The red one just looks odd IMO.

I'm 30, and I perfer the Code 130r (red one) Has lots of muscular lines, and it's supost to be RWD... throw the 2.0 Ecotec turbo in it... and you've got a screaming fast car... that's easy to MOD, with a HUGE aftermarket.

Doc 06-22-2012 01:19 PM

Geez I hope they DON'T go that route with the ridiculously over-sized toy-car wheels; the lower front is just pure cliche ricer. I see kids with lower body panels like that front on their Hondas and Toyotas around here all the time.

The Camaro is a muscle car, not a speed-racer rice rocket.

LeviG 06-22-2012 01:21 PM

That is one badass Chevy Civic! :sm0:

TaylorRyanSS 06-22-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiE2000 (Post 5172666)
I'm 30, and I perfer the Code 130r (red one) Has lots of muscular lines, and it's supost to be RWD... throw the 2.0 Ecotec turbo in it... and you've got a screaming fast car... that's easy to MOD, with a HUGE aftermarket.

I just think it's ugly and cartoonish. I like the futuristic look of the 140, but as a different model not a Camaro.

TiE2000 06-22-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 5172715)
I just think it's ugly and cartoonish. I like the futuristic look of the 140, but as a different model not a Camaro.

I see were you're coming from., I'd like the 140 better, if it was Mid-Engine RWD.

Back to the origional Camaro Concept... I like it... but it reminds me of all the Ricer Car Cartoons you see at the top of their respective forums.

Example - http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/a...altcartoon.jpg

HumanWiki 06-22-2012 01:33 PM

Great, so, we have an article with guesswork images (yeah, cause those have never been different than final) with pretty much nothing useful in the performance area... Yeah, I'll pass on opinion until there's actual real data. Until that time, it's just a drawing.

The car could very well get beaten by a smart car at this point.

Black5thgen 06-22-2012 01:37 PM

Waaaay too much 5th gen in there. I'd be willing to bet the 6th gen looks more like the 130R concept than this rendering. I'm looking forward to following the 6th gen development. I just won't pre-order before the car is produced like I did with the 5th gen. They got me good on that one.

HumanWiki 06-22-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black5thgen (Post 5172811)
Waaaay too much 5th gen in there. I'd be willing to bet the 6th gen looks more like the 130R concept than this rendering. I'm looking forward to following the 6th gen development. I just won't pre-order before the car is produced like I did with the 5th gen. They got me good on that one.

The changes between this and the current 5th remind me of the changes between the 1st and 2nd versions of the 4th gens.

jose1003 06-22-2012 01:52 PM

love it, kinda has similarity to the lights the new mustangs have

LeviG 06-22-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeviG (Post 5172698)
That is one badass Chevy Civic! :sm0:

Looking at it a little more, there are SOME aspects of this that I like and even think would look good on the current Camaro. The headlights are all kinds of cool. As the article says, they emulate the '69 RS style headlights. And the hood is really cool. I've always thought that some kind of heat extracting vents would look good on it. I've just never seen any that I think don't look like they came off of a NOPIfied Civic (No offense ZL1 owners, the ZL1's hood fits it, I just am not crazy about it still). These however, these fit the car. They are a throwback to the originals, yet they follow the sleek chisled lines of the new hood.

...But I still think it looks like a Chevy Civic. Maybe a Chevy Civic SI... :facepalm:

FenwickHockey65 06-22-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS (Post 5172598)
I am just basing it off what the Mustang did. 2005-2009 then 2010-2014 the facelifted version. I know it's switching platforms but I still want it to keep a similar style to what we have now. The design of the 5th Gen got lots of praises and I hope GM remembers that when they are making the 2015.

It probably won't. The whole neo-retro design fad is pretty much dead. Mustang will be moving towards a more futuristic, evolutionary design and Camaro will most likely follow suit.

PQ 06-22-2012 02:13 PM

If that were a true concept consideration I'm confident it would get fat and heavy by production.

Dan @ Pro Custom Products 06-22-2012 02:26 PM

Sweet! :thumbsup:

SnoopyAce7 06-22-2012 02:27 PM

meh reminds me of a scion or something. Hope the prod. model looks better than this.

KMPrenger 06-22-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 5172686)
Geez I hope they DON'T go that route with the ridiculously over-sized toy-car wheels; the lower front is just pure cliche ricer. I see kids with lower body panels like that front on their Hondas and Toyotas around here all the time.

The Camaro is a muscle car, not a speed-racer rice rocket.

Keep in mind, this drawing is simply an exaggeration of something that could come to be a realistic car. The body lines, the wheels, the front fascia are all overdone....in fact if you look at the concept drawings for the 5th gen they were the same way. Overdone, but still very similar to to the final product, its just that the end result was more tame and less "cartoony".

Of course we must all keep in mind this is just someones imagination, and may be nothing close, but that said I hope that GM does pay attention to this thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 5172796)
Great, so, we have an article with guesswork images (yeah, cause those have never been different than final) with pretty much nothing useful in the performance area... Yeah, I'll pass on opinion until there's actual real data. Until that time, it's just a drawing.

The car could very well get beaten by a smart car at this point.

Aww why the fuddy duddy attitude? Your basically saying we shouldn't imagine or speculate on anything until we have cold hard facts? Whats the fun in that?

I have to say...I like it very much, and it is quite close to what I would be hoping for with the 6th gen assuming they wanted to make at an evolution of the 5th gen. I like it from all sides and the raise in the hood still gives it a bit of a muscle car type appearance. I even love the rear end...its just GREAT!

Good power, on a lighter chassis, with this body.....I'm SOLD.

Chevy...are you listening???

grocerygetter 06-22-2012 02:29 PM

I think pete is right. I think the 6th gen is going to be truly something new. Don't forget that is a magazines rendering. Not GM. I plan on this 2010 I have now being my last Camaro purchase....well, new style. I still want a late 60s. I want to end up back in a vette or a V sedan in a year or two.

HumanWiki 06-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 5173072)
Aww why the fuddy duddy attitude? Your basically saying we shouldn't imagine or speculate on anything until we have cold hard facts? Whats the fun in that?

I have to say...I like it very much, and it is quite close to what I would be hoping for with the 6th gen assuming they wanted to make at an evolution of the 5th gen. I like it from all sides and the raise in the hood still gives it a bit of a muscle car type appearance. I even love the rear end...its just GREAT!

Good power, on a lighter chassis, with this body.....I'm SOLD.

Chevy...are you listening???

Where's the fun in getting all worked up over what will/won't become the 6th gen?

The simple fact that you're already sold tells me that you and I won't have much of a common ground to really discuss why I think it's too early to be sold on it.

How can you be sold because it's lighter and has more power? None of that is fact, yet.

Dylan88 06-22-2012 02:33 PM

:drool:

KMPrenger 06-22-2012 02:46 PM

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Chevy goes away from 5th gen styling all together for something new. Every different generation before has been a new style, so it wouldn't surprise me if Chevy goes that way with the 6th gen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 5173085)
Where's the fun in getting all worked up over what will/won't become the 6th gen?

The simple fact that you're already sold tells me that you and I won't have much of a common ground to really discuss why I think it's too early to be sold on it.

How can you be sold because it's lighter and has more power? None of that is fact, yet.

So your saying you've NEVER seen a concept car and thought to yourself "wow, I'd really be interested in that car if it came to production" ???

Sure you haven't.

That's all I'm doing here....playing the "what if" game. I'm assuming it will be lighter, and have similar power figures.

Most of the information points to Chevy going on the alpha platform for the next gen, and so it will be lighter for sure IF Camaro goes to Alpha. It may be lighter by 400 lbs, or it may only be 100 lbs lighter, but it will be. I'd guess the base Camaro coming in at around 3,400 lbs, and that is based on information from the Cadillac ATS. Can you really not see the car getting lighter??

Also, you can bet your behind that it will be just as fast but likely faster than the 5th gen. They could put a slightly less powerful V8 in this car if its much lighter and the car will still be faster and more agile than the 5th gen, but that's neither here nor there.

Look, I'm not going to get into it further with you. You think me (and frankly everyone else here) showing interest in this sketch is silly...then so be it. Well talk in a year or two when the real information starts popping up.

HumanWiki 06-22-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 5173170)
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Chevy goes away from 5th gen styling all together for something new. Every different generation before has been a new style, so it wouldn't surprise me if Chevy goes that way with the 6th gen.

So your saying you've NEVER seen a concept car and thought to yourself "wow, I'd really be interested in that car if it came to production" ???

Sure you haven't.

That's all I'm doing here....playing the "what if" game. I'm assuming it will be lighter, and have similar power figures.

Most of the information points to Chevy going on the alpha platform for the next gen, and so it will be lighter for sure IF Camaro goes to Alpha. It may be lighter by 400 lbs, or it may only be 100 lbs lighter, but it will be. I'd guess the base Camaro coming in at around 3,400 lbs, and that is based on information from the Cadillac ATS. Can you really not see the car getting lighter??

Also, you can bet your behind that it will be just as fast but likely faster than the 5th gen. They could put a slightly less powerful V8 in this car if its much lighter and the car will still be faster and more agile than the 5th gen, but that's neither here nor there.

Look, I'm not going to get into it further with you. You think me (and frankly everyone else here) showing interest in this sketch is silly...then so be it. Well talk in a year or two when the real information starts popping up.

The ZL1 was also assumed and expected to slaughter the GT500 in pretty much every way.. We all know that isn't true..

Though, I should ask.. If you're so up on performance and such.. Why did you get a V6 5th Gen?

KMPrenger 06-22-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumanWiki (Post 5173227)
The ZL1 was also assumed and expected to slaughter the GT500 in pretty much every way.. We all know that isn't true..

Though, I should ask.. If you're so up on performance and such.. Why did you get a V6 5th Gen?

:bellyroll: lol...I can't believe you just went there.

So because I own a V6 I must not know a damn thing about performance?

Sorry guys...I'll leave the site now since I'm obviously just a poser here...ya know...with my little V6.

lol Please tell me that was a joke. I'm dropping this before the mods come in and delete my posts which I put some good time and thought into.

Now lets get back to the real topic at hand.

doc7000 06-22-2012 03:06 PM

The 6th generation Camaro being lighter is pretty much a done deal, its a big reason why its going on the alpha platform.

The Cadillac ATS (first alpha car) has a stated curb weight of less then 3,400 pounds at least with the 2.5L 197BHP I-4 engine. Also they already stated that the 6th generation Camaro is to use the ATS sedan wheel base, as the ATS coupe will have a shorter wheel base.

Though the 6th generation Camaro is likely to pack the 2.0L turbo engine that produces 272BHP @ 5,500rpms and 260ft-lbs @ 1,700rpms. The current Camaro with the 3.6L LFX engine produces 323BHP and weighs in at 3,750 pounds. 11.6 pounds per horsepower, and if the 6th generation Camaro with the 2.0T engine were to weigh in at 3,400 pounds. It would have a power to weight ratio of 12.5 pounds per horsepower, so not as good as the 5th generation with V-6 engine. However the other .9 pounds per horsepower can be made up in other areas, for example 8 speed automatic and 7 speed DSG gear box. Improved aerodynamics would also go a long way to helping to bridge the gap and also bumping the horsepower of the 2.0T engine. If it produced 290BHP it would have a similar power to weight ratio as the 5th generation LFX V-6 Camaro and add to that 8 and 7 speed transmission. You could produce a 6th generation Camaro that gets better fuel economy, is faster, and much more of a drivers car when compared to the 5th generation car.

Whats to not like, for one some people really like the sound of the LFX V6 engine (I am actually one of them). Some people do not like the sound of I-4 engines even I-4 turbo engines and some see I-4 engines purely as something pedestrian.

From videos of the ATS with the 2.0L turbo I actually like the way that engine sounds and wouldn't mind it. The notion of a Camaro faster then the current V-6 Camaro but can get say 35MPG on the highway I find to be an impressive engineering feat.

Even more so the next generation Camaro with a gen 5 SBC under the hood should also be impressive and I can't wait to see that either.