CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Stereo interface question (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485334)

aw113sgte 02-23-2017 03:28 PM

Stereo interface question

Is there any way to pop in a usb drive and select a particular folder to play songs from?
Basically what I want to do is create a playlist on the USB drive say a "party mix" or "new music" or the like. Is there any easy way to do this? As far as I can tell, it automatically reads the MP3 data (Artist/album) and strips away the folder data.

jeverton 02-23-2017 04:00 PM

Why not just place the music in the root of the USB drive? That is what I did and it works perfectly.

aw113sgte 02-23-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeverton (Post 9575494)
Why not just place the music in the root of the USB drive? That is what I did and it works perfectly.

I'm guessing it doesn't work well if you have lots of other music on there though? Say you have 50 different albums and and just want to listen to one folder with a mixture of songs.

This is for the wife and I'm trying to make it easy and simple for her.

SuperSound 02-23-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aw113sgte (Post 9575437)
Is there any way to pop in a usb drive and select a particular folder to play songs from?
Basically what I want to do is create a playlist on the USB drive say a "party mix" or "new music" or the like. Is there any easy way to do this? As far as I can tell, it automatically reads the MP3 data (Artist/album) and strips away the folder data.

The formula I found that works best for large or multiple playlist collections. Make several folders to match your desired playlists on the drive. Then use a media player (I use Windows Media Player) to add all the songs from one of those folders to a playlist. Then create another folder on the drive labeled "Playlists" and save it there. Save it as a M3U playlist type.

Now you can use the playlist menu in myLink or via voice command normally and it will use whichever playlist you select.

aw113sgte 02-24-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSound (Post 9575875)
The formula I found that works best for large or multiple playlist collections. Make several folders to match your desired playlists on the drive. Then use a media player (I use Windows Media Player) to add all the songs from one of those folders to a playlist. Then create another folder on the drive labeled "Playlists" and save it there. Save it as a M3U playlist type.

Now you can use the playlist menu in myLink or via voice command normally and it will use whichever playlist you select.

Oh awesome, I think that method will work well! Didn't know it would detect playlist files.

MotownBoy 02-24-2017 01:43 PM

Thumb drives are dirt cheap & I'm not the best tech guy. So, I bought a bunch of cheap thumb drives and will use to create one playlist per drive. Paid $2.30/drive.

Basically, I'll use a USB like a CD; popping in the playlist of interest and switching to another when the mood strikes.

Cheap, easy for us low tech types.