CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   My Design Idea for the 2016 Camaro (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310821)

SixGracing 08-28-2013 07:32 AM

Are you sure you're not a Mopar guy? This stuff is very Dodgy.

Doc 08-28-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixGracing (Post 6954739)
Are you sure you're not a Mopar guy? This stuff is very Dodgy.

Which Dodge(s) are you referring to? I assure you I'm a Chevy fan.

KMPrenger 08-28-2013 11:25 AM

D3 for me. I can imagine Chevy doing some kind of cool LED afterburner like effects with those tail lights.

PoorMansCamaro 08-28-2013 12:55 PM

I don't know. looks very mustang-ish, with the general shape and blacked out area

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...stang-rear.jpg

TooCool5 08-28-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6853292)
OK...so guess I must be bored, cuz I took what I have above and changed the tail lights with some inspiration from this rendering below that I really like a lot. The lower and upper part would be illuminated when the brakes are not applied.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/g...CamaroBack.jpg

I swear I'm done now! Back to you DOC.

That's the rendering pic, best one yet.

ssrs396 08-28-2013 02:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6953178)
And now for something (mostly) completely different; no black out in the back! It also has a slightly different license plate recess.
Attachment 550966

At first glance it seems kind of weird but for some strange reason I also kind of like it lol.

Nice plate recess area. I can envision quad pipes for an option. This totally says Camaro to me. Maybe not to all the Gen 5 crowd but when I see this rear I think Camaro. It is different but I love the 70-73 rear ends and it this looks like a nice version of it. And to the mopar/mustang comments.......

ssrs396 08-28-2013 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A little change on the exhaust.:biggrin:

Fenderaddict2 08-28-2013 09:02 PM

D3, but take some height out of the car in the body.

Doc 08-29-2013 03:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssrs396 (Post 6955990)
Nice plate recess area. I can envision quad pipes for an option. This totally says Camaro to me. Maybe not to all the Gen 5 crowd but when I see this rear I think Camaro. It is different but I love the 70-73 rear ends and it this looks like a nice version of it. And to the mopar/mustang comments.......

Yeah this one kind of sneaks up on you; the more you look at it, the more interesting it gets. I think one of the reasons why I like this is it sort of reminds me of the Gretsch White Falcon if you know what that is.
Attachment 551522

I'm not sure the quads work here; they make it look a little too busy to me. But that's just me.
Attachment 551523

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssrs396 (Post 6956643)
A little change on the exhaust.:biggrin:

I'm not sure about the quads there; that starts to really smack of Corvette. Plus I'm not sure what the plumbing would be like to make that actually happen. Interesting idea though.

Doc 08-29-2013 03:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 (Post 6957535)
D3, but take some height out of the car in the body.

The body height from this particular view which is license plate-level (and wouldn't happen in real life) makes the body appear higher than it would really look because normally you would have 3 dimensional perspective. You can also see from the side and perspective views that the body height isn't that high. In fact in actuality it would be less than the Mustang in your sig.
Attachment 551524

EastWood-SS 08-29-2013 06:43 AM

that front end is killer.

KMPrenger 08-29-2013 12:31 PM

So when do you submit this for review to the Camaro team???

:thumbup:

ssrs396 08-29-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6958249)
Yeah this one kind of sneaks up on you; the more you look at it, the more interesting it gets. I think one of the reasons why I like this is it sort of reminds me of the Gretsch White Falcon if you know what that is.
Attachment 551522

I'm not sure the quads work here; they make it look a little too busy to me. But that's just me.
Attachment 551523

I'm not sure about the quads there; that starts to really smack of Corvette. Plus I'm not sure what the plumbing would be like to make that actually happen. Interesting idea though.

Think Z/28 option!:nod:

KMPrenger 08-29-2013 02:15 PM

This doesn't really matter much from a design perspective, but if something like this DID make production one thing that I think everyone would very much prefer is that the spoiler on the rear with the two raised ends, be a seperate, removable piece. I think you could have a spoiler that attaches to the trunk, that is low in the middle with two raised ends to achieve your desired look.

My reasoning is that if it is molded into the body, you a stuck with it. if it is damaged, you are stuck with it. If you want to change it or modify if...well, your stuck with it. Also, it would be easier for GM to add different types of spoilers depending on the car (base, SS, Z/28).

Just a little thought I had while looking at the rear. I do like the spoiler though...not saying I'd want to change it out immediately or anything like that.

I also feel that with rearend D3, dual tips on each side would look good. With the other rear end with the round tail lamps, it would likely look a bit redundant.

Doc 08-29-2013 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by EastWood-SS (Post 6958341)
that front end is killer.

Thank You. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6959290)
So when do you submit this for review to the Camaro team???

:thumbup:

Oh I don't know...still working on details but for all I know they may have already seen it and are saying "Damn we should have done that back for our refresh!" or they're laughing and saying "Can you believe this clown?!". Ya never know lol. At any rate it's been entertaining and educational for me and compared to my first images I posted in this thread I'm getting better at it. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssrs396 (Post 6959500)
Think Z/28 option!:nod:

Ya know...you just might be onto something... I'll put the aero package on it; maybe even something heftier than what I've already done. Great idea ssrs396!

Here's a preliminary front view based on the side and top views so these dimensions are pretty close to correct. Although I really like the SS logo in the front (and I think that's the way it should BE) I know they'd want to put the gold Chevy logo there instead so that's here in this view. I put the SS logo about where I'm guessing they'd put it...I don't know, maybe it should go a little higher. I can't decide if the running lights should be bigger, smaller or longer.... like I said this view is preliminary.
Attachment 551657

Doc 08-29-2013 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 6959669)
This doesn't really matter much from a design perspective, but if something like this DID make production one thing that I think everyone would very much prefer is that the spoiler on the rear with the two raised ends, be a seperate, removable piece. I think you could have a spoiler that attaches to the trunk, that is low in the middle with two raised ends to achieve your desired look.

My reasoning is that if it is molded into the body, you a stuck with it. if it is damaged, you are stuck with it. If you want to change it or modify if...well, your stuck with it. Also, it would be easier for GM to add different types of spoilers depending on the car (base, SS, Z/28).

Just a little thought I had while looking at the rear. I do like the spoiler though...not saying I'd want to change it out immediately or anything like that.

I also feel that with rearend D3, dual tips on each side would look good. With the other rear end with the round tail lamps, it would likely look a bit redundant.

It would be easy to make the winglets bolt-on caps; you'd just have a gap/seam on the side where it joined the body instead of the smooth continuous look on my design but that's an easy option.

Yeah on the back with the round tail lights there's just too much dual round going on visually I think. Here's the D3 view with the quads; works much better.
Attachment 551664

Bhobbs 08-29-2013 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an idea I had for the front facia. Don't mind the crude shape of it, I made it in about 10 minutes on SolidWorks. I was going for a sort of stealth fighter look.

Attachment 551668

ALLTRBO 08-29-2013 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6955188)
Which Dodge(s) are you referring to? I assure you I'm a Chevy fan.

I think he's referring to these... less angled and very connected but the overall outline and the black border are both there.
I really like the C2 taillights the best ('67 style), but I think they need to be a bit bigger. Unfortunately, that would be even closer to the Dodge's:

Doc 08-29-2013 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALLTRBO (Post 6960037)
I think he's referring to these... less angled and very connected but the overall outline and the black border are both there.
I really like the C2 taillights the best ('67 style), but I think they need to be a bit bigger. Unfortunately, that would be even closer to the Dodge's:

Yeah kinda sorta, if you really squint your eyes and put one hand over one of them...kinda. The blacked out back was popular in the late 60's and as ssrs396 posted, you can see in those pictures it was popular on Camaros too. Like I've said, at some point no matter what you do you'll see a similarity to something some one has done somewhere.

I like the C2 back too but that one seems to have gotten the least amount of reaction for some reason. Here it is with the tail lights larger as you requested.
Attachment 551729

Doc 08-29-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhobbs (Post 6959858)
Here is an idea I had for the front facia. Don't mind the crude shape of it, I made it in about 10 minutes on SolidWorks. I was going for a sort of stealth fighter look.

Attachment 551668

That's actually pretty close to the 2014 refresh front except your foglight cut-outs slant outward instead of inward.

Bhobbs 08-29-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6960364)
That's actually pretty close to the 2014 refresh front except your foglight cut-outs slant outward instead of inward.

Yeah. I was thinking of it as an evolution of the 14 refresh.

Doc 08-30-2013 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just for fun based on ssrs396's suggestion here are a couple ideas for the next generation of a car that isn't even out in it's first generation yet! :D The Z/28.

B2 is what ssrs396 mentioned. I also did a version from D3; other than the different tail lights D3 also has quad exhaust.
Attachment 551820

ssrs396 08-30-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6961606)
Just for fun based on ssrs396's suggestion here are a couple ideas for the next generation of a car that isn't even out in it's first generation yet! :D The Z/28.

B2 is what ssrs396 mentioned. I also did a version from D3; other than the different tail lights D3 also has quad exhaust.
Attachment 551820

Hmmm what if D3 is the rally sport version and B2 is the regular Camaro, I have always felt that the RS package should be a little more dramatic and not just a small change, sort of like the hideaway headlights on a 67-69 Camaro. It probably might not be feasible but one can dream. Plus it would please both camps.:)

Doc 08-30-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssrs396 (Post 6962575)
Hmmm what if D3 is the rally sport version and B2 is the regular Camaro, I have always felt that the RS package should be a little more dramatic and not just a small change, sort of like the hideaway headlights on a 67-69 Camaro. It probably might not be feasible but one can dream. Plus it would please both camps.:)

I don't know if they'd want to go to the expense of two separate back ends and tail light assemblies. Probably not but I agree there should be more of a visual difference between the models.

I'd like to see just one V6 base model with the standard package of power, handling, features, that could be usable as a daily driver or just an all-around town/travel car. It should have an upgraded interior; no more plain and LX. As nice an interior as any of the other models except it doesn't have the extra performance features/gauges/seats/seat belts etc. of the higher performance V8 models.

The Rally Sport (RS) should be the base model with upgraded wheels, sways, handling and a little more power. This could be for the sporty driver around town but not really a track car. Add the 4 minor gauges.

The Super Sport (SS) upgrades to the V8 and is aimed at straight line performance; not really a road course suspension but upgraded bushings and such for improved traction and control.

The SS 1LE is the upgraded street performance/road course car. This car could be used in autocross or HPDE events. Upgraded seats with 5-point harness option, tow hooks, fire extinguisher, etc.... a genuine track pack/kit option.

The ZL1 is an all-around high-performance GT. More power and torque than the SS; equal or better than the 1LE on the track due to its exotic magnetic suspension, yet the driver can adjust it for a street cruise every bit as comfortable as the base model if desired. Upgraded seats.

The Z/28 is the road course track monster. Specialized and optimized for road course. Although it's street legal it's not really a street car...not for everyone.

It would be nice if outwardly there were enough visual differences to distinguish the models besides just a badge or lettering. The fender flares and aero package would be enough for the 1LE and Z/28; maybe even have different spoilers for each so the Z/28 would get the more extreme track spoiler. The base model, RS and SS would not have the throttle-actuated hood vent; the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 would. Of course you could do things with wheels to distinguish the models.

I'll work on visual ideas for the various models.

Wizard1183 08-30-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 6963038)
I don't know if they'd want to go to the expense of two separate back ends and tail light assemblies. Probably not but I agree there should be more of a visual difference between the models.

I'd like to see just one V6 base model with the standard package of power, handling, features, that could be usable as a daily driver or just an all-around town/travel car. It should have an upgraded interior; no more plain and LX. As nice an interior as any of the other models except it doesn't have the extra performance features/gauges/seats/seat belts etc. of the higher performance V8 models.

The Rally Sport (RS) should be the base model with upgraded wheels, sways, handling and a little more power. This could be for the sporty driver around town but not really a track car. Add the 4 minor gauges.

The Super Sport (SS) upgrades to the V8 and is aimed at straight line performance; not really a road course suspension but upgraded bushings and such for improved traction and control.

The SS 1LE is the upgraded street performance/road course car. This car could be used in autocross or HPDE events. Upgraded seats with 5-point harness option, tow hooks, fire extinguisher, etc.... a genuine track pack/kit option.

The ZL1 is an all-around high-performance GT. More power and torque than the SS; equal or better than the 1LE on the track due to its exotic magnetic suspension, yet the driver can adjust it for a street cruise every bit as comfortable as the base model if desired. Upgraded seats.

The Z/28 is the road course track monster. Specialized and optimized for road course. Although it's street legal it's not really a street car...not for everyone.

It would be nice if outwardly there were enough visual differences to distinguish the models besides just a badge or lettering. The fender flares and aero package would be enough for the 1LE and Z/28; maybe even have different spoilers for each so the Z/28 would get the more extreme track spoiler. The base model, RS and SS would not have the throttle-actuated hood vent; the 1LE, ZL1 and Z/28 would. Of course you could do things with wheels to distinguish the models.

I'll work on visual ideas for the various models.

I'd think a throttle actuated hood vent would be deserving of the SS as well. It is in the high performance bracket.