Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What does your Camaro mean to you? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414262)

dantemcc 06-28-2015 06:47 PM

What does your Camaro mean to you?

I know to some people, its just a car and nothing more. To some, like me, its a price possession and to some, they're in the middle. For me, its like my child. After waiting almost 5 years to finally get one and it be the one I wanted ever since 7-4-7 (I'm sure some people know the importance of that date), it more than a car, it's a dream come true. I told the guy at the dealer along with everyone else, I'm NEVER giving up this car. Don't care if I'm homeless and aint got a dime to my name, still never selling it or ridding myself of it. I plan for it to be my casket when my time in this world is up. I know there aren't a lot of people out there who would take it to that degree, so what does your car, if anything, mean to you?

SimpleGreen 06-28-2015 06:49 PM

Saw it on the used lot of a GMC truck dealership. I wanted a manual trans and the 1LE was cool so I bought it. I drive it a lot. It's been hit on the driver side and the new paint doesnt quite match where it's blended but I don't care...I drive it a lot and enjoy the hel out of it. I'm proud of it but it does not live in a plastic bubble. I plan on keeping it a while right now but If I need something better suits my life style later, well, the Camaro is gonna get gone to do it. It's just something fun that I enjoy and nobody else around here has one, and I like the attention it gets and answering questions and stuff.

ricosuave 06-28-2015 06:56 PM

35,600 of my hard earned dollars..which equates to me taking care of it until burns out

2010SLVRBULIT 06-28-2015 07:27 PM

since it's my 1rst camaro, it holds some sentimental value. I do miss my '79 Formula though.

MrChrisLS3 06-28-2015 07:36 PM

It's a nice car. It's fun to drive. But, yeah, at the end of the day it's a car.

Homer2 06-28-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 (Post 8506558)
It's a nice car. It's fun to drive. But, yeah, at the end of the day it's a car.

saved me the keystrokes.. thanks

SoCal_Hunter 06-28-2015 07:52 PM

To me it symbolizes hard work and my youth. I could have invested my money elsewhere, somewhere smarter and towards the future, but hey I'm 21 and I wanted a bada%$ car. I have my whole life ahead of me to start a family and drive a mini van haha. I saved up for 3 years so I take some pride in that as well. I think everyone here takes pride in their cars, that's why we are all here on this forum :)

JLSuperfly 06-28-2015 07:55 PM

My Camaro means a lot to me but a distant second when it comes to my family.

1Coopgt 06-28-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 (Post 8506558)

+1

motorhead 06-28-2015 08:03 PM

It's my modern day Trans am. Oh how I wish Pontiac wasn't gone.

Homeless Man 06-28-2015 08:08 PM

A V6 Camaro is your dream car? I thought they say dream big

Ryanbabz71 06-28-2015 08:09 PM

It's more than a car. Have met a lot of great friends due to the camaro. It's a bonding experience. My son is growing up with the car. Just today he said "daddy when I get old enough can you let me have your car". I told him I don't know we will see. Just hit 5k miles today with no plans to get rid of it.

Ryan

Ryanbabz71 06-28-2015 08:11 PM

What does your Camaro mean to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal_Hunter (Post 8506589)
To me it symbolizes hard work and my youth. I could have invested my money elsewhere, somewhere smarter and towards the future, but hey I'm 21 and I wanted a bada%$ car. I have my whole life ahead of me to start a family and drive a mini van haha. I saved up for 3 years so I take some pride in that as well. I think everyone here takes pride in their cars, that's why we are all here on this forum :)

No one says you have to get rid of it when you get older and have kids. My wife has a minivan as that is what she wanted as a DD and I have a CC truck to haul the kids.

Ryan

dantemcc 06-28-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless Man (Post 8506612)
A V6 Camaro is your dream car? I thought they say dream big

Always a smart ass reply.

I have many dream cars ranging from a Lamborghini Murc SV, to a Pagani Zonda F and yes a V6 2014 2LT Bumblebee Camaro. My dreams are my dreams, they dont require your approval or understanding.