CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Should the dealer have installed all of the deflectors? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620826)

dfwcowboy 11-03-2023 11:50 AM

Should the dealer have installed all of the deflectors?

1 Attachment(s)
I got quite a few more deflectors with my ZL1 compared to what came with my 2018. Dealer put them all in the trunk, but I was wondering if it was their responsibility to install them.

NYTMARE23 11-03-2023 11:55 AM

I have all of those same ones you have pictured....and they are all in a bag in my basement.:noidea:..haven't noticed anything unusual by not having them on...but then again...I only put about 500 miles or less on my car a year...:smiling1::smiling1:

dfwcowboy 11-03-2023 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 (Post 11375761)
I have all of those same ones you have pictured....and they are all in a bag in my basement.:noidea:..haven't noticed anything unusual by not having them on...but then again...I only put about 500 miles or less on my car a year...:smiling1::smiling1:

I never put any of them on my 2018. I'm sure there must be some benefit to them. It would be nice to know what that is.

NYTMARE23 11-03-2023 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfwcowboy (Post 11375765)
I never put any of them on my 2018. I'm sure there must be some benefit to them. It would be nice to know what that is.

I'm with you on that..I don't know if they are air deflectors, scrape gaurds, or if they even NEED to be on the car?? I guess I gave my dealership too much benefit of the doubt and just assumed since they were in my trunk that they didn't need to be on the car??:noidea: Maybe someone here can help us:thumbup:

DevilsReject97 11-03-2023 12:25 PM

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517146

This is what it is, and honestly, it's really up to you if you want them installed....

WhiteMale 11-03-2023 12:28 PM

Yes they should have installed those bits, though, the curved bits on the Right side are supposed track only. The control arm aero covers are on the Left. I don't recognixe the two bits with the long finger sticking out on them though. The curved piece is the chin spoiler and it for street use.

NYTMARE23 11-03-2023 12:42 PM

Thanks Devil and WhiteMale!:happy0180: I guess since I'll never track my car and it seems that's mainly what they're for, I'll keep em in the bag until the next person gets my car....IF anyone!:smiling1:

CalgaryZL1 11-03-2023 12:47 PM

I think I would be happy finding them in my trunk, knowing they were not under my car possibly cross threading holes in a mad rush installing it

DevilsReject97 11-03-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 (Post 11375776)
Thanks Devil and WhiteMale!:happy0180: I guess since I'll never track my car and it seems that's mainly what they're for, I'll keep em in the bag until the next person gets my car....IF anyone!:smiling1:

I had mine installed on my 2018 ZL1, as you can obviously see I was posting in that thread. However, it does help kinda save the front splitter if you have them installed since they sit a little lower.

Honestly, not the end all be all, since you at least now know what they're for!

NYTMARE23 11-03-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 (Post 11375783)
I had mine installed on my 2018 ZL1, as you can obviously see I was posting in that thread. However, it does help kinda save the front splitter if you have them installed since they sit a little lower.

Absolutely! Appreciate the info! :thumbup::happy0180:

NYTMARE23 11-03-2023 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 (Post 11375783)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 (Post 11375778)
I think I would be happy finding them in my trunk, knowing they were not under my car possibly cross threading holes in a mad rush installing it

This is another VERY GOOD point made!:thumbup:

Carzzy 11-03-2023 06:19 PM

All those parts should have been installed at the dealership under the PDI. The reason they come in the trunk is for shipping purpose. (so they don't scrape coming off the car carrier).
Also I would check and see if they removed the orange spacers between the front springs.
Look through the top of the front tire gap to see.

dfwcowboy 11-03-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carzzy (Post 11375871)
All those parts should have been installed at the dealership under the PDI. The reason they come in the trunk is for shipping purpose. (so they don't scrape coming off the car carrier).
Also I would check and see if they removed the orange spacers between the front springs.
Look through the top of the front tire gap to see.

I didn't see them. On the first day I got it I heard something hit on the underside of the car. I thought maybe I had run over something in the road, but I didn't see anything. I pulled over and checked the car and it was all good. Now I'm wondering if they just fell out.

I think I'm going to just install most of the pieces myself on the first oil change. I'll probably leave off the track only pieces.

DevilsReject97 11-03-2023 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfwcowboy (Post 11375877)

I think I'm going to just install most of the pieces myself on the first oil change. I'll probably leave off the track only pieces.

Probably not the more popular opinion, but I would take it back to the dealership and make them do it. If something is broke, they can replace it, and more importantly, they were supposed to install it anyway.

It's all personal preference of course, but that's just my .02